Amazing Brownie(Petit Four) Pan

Decorating By emma_jada Updated 21 Sep 2010 , 3:51pm by TartletteTreats

emma_jada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emma_jada Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 10

I saw it on TV but didn't think anything about it. My mom bought it for me and said she thought about me when she saw it. I just used it to make petit fours!! Great idea (my mom's of course). It was so easy. No measuring and cutting. Just slid the mold out and there they were. Unfortunately I had to make separate batches, but oh so much easier.

just thought I'd share.

9 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 10

I bought one for myself before Christmas. It wasn't the one offered on t.v. I found mine at Michael's, used my 40% off coupon and paid $9.00 for it. It is really great for making petie fours. I use it all the time for them.

pacable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pacable Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 10

uh.. that's such a good idea!! been wanting to try petit fours and that would make it so much easier!!!!! Thanks for the idea icon_biggrin.gif

bkzscurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkzscurry Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 10

Ooooooooh great idea!! I might have to go buy a couple now!!! icon_surprised.gif) Awesome!

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 2:30am
post #5 of 10

Omgoodness, I have the silcone one. If that's the one all of you are speaking of. I bought mines for Michaels also w/a discount, of course, lol. I used it to make sugar ice cubes for a beer bottle I did last year. I didn't even think about using it for petit fours, duhhhhhhh, on me. I could have been using itall this time, oh well, now I know. Thanks!

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:58pm
post #6 of 10

are you guys talking about the Perfect Brownie Pan? I was thinking of getting some of those for petit fours, too!

hbarberycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbarberycakes Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:15pm
post #7 of 10

I told my mother in law to use that when she got an order for it but she used a half sheet and cut it into 1 1/2 inch slices. Just out of curiosity, when yall make yours do you do two layers of cake and one filling? She did three layers of cake and two fillings. But they were so tall and wobbly I couldn't stand how they came out. I grew up with it being two thin layers of cake and a little bit of filling.

Joyfull4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyfull4444 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:38pm
post #8 of 10

This post really caught my interest as the Wilton silicone brownie pan sounded ideal for some of my projects. I did a search on the pan as I've never seen them, but didn't find a lot of comments that were in favour of the pan. It seems most people who've bought the pan had sticking problems. Here's an older thread from 09 about the silicone pan. Now that I've read this and other negative comments online, I'll be doing a lot more thinking on it.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-653963-.html

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:59pm
post #9 of 10

But doesn't the brownie pan make the petit fours all have "edges"?

TartletteTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TartletteTreats Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:51pm
post #10 of 10

I got the Perfect Brownie Pan - it became considerably less non-stick after awhile.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%