How To Spread Syrup Over Cupcake To Seal In Moisture??

Baking By sweetstellatreats Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 11:00pm by dguerrant

sweetstellatreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetstellatreats Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 6

I am wanting to do this today, considering i have an order for tomorrow, and i'll be baking today. when do you poke the holes in the cupcakes ? when they are completely cool? or when they come out of the oven??
and how big does the hole need to be?? toothpick size or straw?

help please!

5 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:20pm
post #2 of 6

You make a simple syrup out of equal parts sugar and water and bring to a boil and cool. Then apply with a small brush. Don't poke any holes and wait till everything is cooled, including the cupcakes.
Just an aside, cupcakes usually are pretty moist (depending upon you batter) because they are small. I don't know if you need to do this for cupcakes.

sweetstellatreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetstellatreats Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 6

i've seen where a lot of people do this to hold in moisture...the cupcakes aren't going to be eaten until tomorrow...

janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:35pm
post #4 of 6

If you are baking today they should be fine tomorrow without doing that, providing they are kept in correct conditions.

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 6

Line up your CC on a baking sheet, then take out , cover with some plastic and freeze. Take them out and loosen the plastic, defrost and then ice. Not only tightens the crumb, it also makes them super moist.

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 6

i do the same thing as minicuppie. after i take the cakes, cupcakes etc... out of the oven, i let then cool for about 15 min then cover and place directly in the fridge or freezer depending how far in advance i do them. by doing this with cakes, it makes them better to carve and mare dense to hold up to the weight of fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%