Ultimate Cake - Julie Bashore

Lounge By emilyg Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 10:24am by JGMB

emilyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyg Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 6

Wanted to give a heads-up to the upcoming TLC's Ultimate Cake show on Monday, March 22 at 9:00 p.m. EST -"Fairy Tale Wedding Cake". Julie Bashore, sugar arts instructor (fondant, gumpaste, SugarVeil) is a contestant. Since she's a teacher with much experience, it'll be an educational show to watch. We hear from people who have attended SugarVeil workshops she's given in many parts of the world, and they rave about how clearly she is able to explain cake decorating processes. With the frenzied pace of those challenges, not sure how much time she'll have for explaining, but it'll no doubt be amazing to watch someone with her sugar art talent creating cakes. So tune in if you're able.

Thanks much,
Michele at SugarVeil

5 replies
ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 6

I was lucky enough to have the HONOR to take a class with Julie, wow...she's true master, such a classy lady.

Best investment ever, other than Cake Central taking a class with Julie is the best thing anyone could ever do to improve their caking skills.

FYI: She teaches at The House of Claredon in PA, check her out.

Cascades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cascades Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:44am
post #3 of 6

I took the same class! It was fantastic. I want to go back and take some more classes. She is just wonderful and I learned so much. Can't wait to see her tomorrow.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:00am
post #4 of 6

YAY!!!! Julie won!!!! OMG!!!

I told you, she's the BEST!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:04am
post #5 of 6

I think this is the best episode yet. I loved elements of all of the cakes.

The blue in Julies cake was stunning and those curved cutouts on Marthas cake and those amazing peonies. I could go on.

I also enjoyed that, although there was a bit of good natured teasing, it lacked the stupid trash talking from some of the episodes. Maybe because it was all women. icon_lol.gif

I just wish they showed more details, it just goes by too fast.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 10:24am
post #6 of 6

[quote="nannie"]I think this is the best episode yet. I loved elements of all of the cakes.quote]

Me too!! I kept saying to my husband, "This is a really good one!!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%