A Question For Bettercream Users......

Decorating By cathie_shinnick Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 1:53am by tenleysmommy

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 4

I bought my first tub of better creme today. I planned to try some of the mousse type fillings. I made one with white chocolate pudding and mini chocolate chips, and one mixed with cherry filling for a cherry mousse. I like how thery turned out and realize it dosent have to be refridgerated, but as I was cleaning up I noticed on the side of the tub that it has to be refridgerated and only lasts 14 days.I asked when I purchased it and was told that it didn't have to be refridgerated ....If it does ( and since it only lasts 14 days) what the heck am I going to do with a 15# bucket of iciing???? Can I refreeze it???? Does anyone in the Baltimore area want to share a tub??????

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 4

did you buy it already whipped??? If so, my understanding is it's good for 2 weeks in the fridge, 5 days at room temp. and up to 3 months frozen. The liquid is good for 6 months frozen, 1 month fridge if it's not whipped.

You can definitely freeze it in smaller containers, no problem!! break it up into bowls with the amount you use most and go from there.

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 1:49am
post #3 of 4

Thank you, I will break it down into smaller batches and freeze....

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 1:53am
post #4 of 4

Yes,break it down.I put mine in zip lock freezer bags as I didnt have enough space for containers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%