Where Can I Find The Best Deals For A Kitchen Aid Mixer??

Decorating By cakiemommie Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 1:53pm by Mug-a-Bug

cakiemommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakiemommie Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 23

I'm ready to shell out the money! I'm just wondering if there is any place that has better deals on things like that... a sale anyone knows of? Where did you all get yours?

Thanks!

22 replies
JessieMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessieMay Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 23

I just recently purchased one of the Kitchen Aid Pro 620 Series mixers from Chefs Catalog.com. They were running it for $399 ($100 off retail) with free shipping and handling and a $40 mail in rebate on top of that! I believe the smaller ones were on sale also and I think the rebates applied to them as well. I have used them several times over the last couple of years and their service has been wonderful! Congrats on the decision to get one...they are sooooooo worth it and you'll never use another! icon_biggrin.gif Happy caking!

cakiemommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakiemommie Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 23

wow jessie.. thanks. that's just the kind of info i'm looking for. Yeah, I've been using hand mixers believe it or not.. and i've gone through 3 of them in the last 2 months! can you believe it?! so yeah, it's time for a kitchen aid... i was just daunted by the price. it is quite and investment for me.... but worth it i think. thanks again! i'm gonna check out that website.

CakesbyCristina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCristina Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 23

I used to have the 3.5Qt mixer and I just received my brand new KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart purchased via Amazon from J&R Music and Computer World. Total cost 369.99 with shipping. I thought it was a great deal! I have used it two consecutive days now and love it. I would highly recommend getting the bigger one for just a little more money, otherwise you'll find yourself wishing you had after a few months. I love love love the bigger size!!! I don't know how I managed without it all this time.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 23

If you are a member or Costo, BJs or Sam's, try there, they always have good prices. You can also try Walmart, but I believe they only carry the standard version. I have the Artisan and I love it.

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 7:39pm
post #6 of 23

I have bought both of my Artisans at Kohls. I waited until they were on sale and then I had a 30% coupon...totaled around $200. That only works if you shop there regularly. Then they offer coupons. Try Craigslist in your area. In the last year or two I have seen many offered for sale, new in the box, from someone who got one as a gift and wants to sell it. What I REALLY want is a 20 quart!!!! Now that would save some icing makin time!

kizrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kizrash Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 23

My very first KA Artisan arrived yesterday, OMG how have I managed all these years without one. I love it all ready. I was pulling my first cake out the oven at '8' this morning. My family are going to be sooo sick of cakes by Monday. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Bunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Bunny Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 23

I got my 600 Pro KitchenAid from Bed Bath and Beyond for $319 (it was $399 and I used a 20% off coupon I got when I signed up for their emails). Plus I'm waiting to get my $40 rebate cheque icon_biggrin.gif The rebate runs out soon....you have to purchase before the end of March I think.

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 9:46pm
post #9 of 23

I bought mine from Sam's and even with purchasing the membership it came out to a good deal. This is the one I have.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod500276

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 10:05pm
post #10 of 23

I got mine off of Ebay..brand new (the box had never been opened) for $300 which included shipping. I have the Pro600.

JoyRide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoyRide Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:38am
post #11 of 23

I got mine off eBay, but I was recently looking at some cool ones on overstock.com. And the shipping is always 2.95 there, so that'd be an awesome deal if you wanted to order online!

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 1:37am
post #12 of 23

A couple of years ago, I decided that I liked my KA so much (which is well over 20 years old) that each one of themarried girls in our family needed one. I went to the Kitchenaid.com website and found that they refurbish machines and sell them for reduced cost. These mixers are in "as new" condition. I ordered 3 Artisans for Christmas gifts. I believe I paid around $600 (including shipping) for all of them. They all love them.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 1:42am
post #13 of 23

QVC

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:02am
post #14 of 23

I ordered my mother one from Kitchencollection.com. I got the Artisan for $227 after a $30 rebate. At the time they were running a special for free shipping also. Score! Right now it is $299 and the $30 rebate is still on. they are also running an Easter special $5 off a $30 purchase. This is a good site to watch for specials. It was NOT a refurbish. We were very happy with the service. I received emails on order status all the way to delivery. The site seems to cycle through the name brands with the specials. Good luck! I LUV my KA!

eme926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eme926 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:54am
post #15 of 23

Keep an eye on craigslist. I got a Professional 600 - 6qt. last week for $100.

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 4:29am
post #16 of 23

Woo Hoo! That is a score! $100...imagine that.

DesignerWoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignerWoman Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:27am
post #17 of 23

Before I bought my mixer, I researched a lot of mixers and found complaints about the Kitchen Aid mixers. A lot of complaints about the Kitchen Aid mixers made are about the mixers made in the last 10 years. Apparently the housing for the motor in the Kitchen Aid can crack and leak oil into the bowl. The older mixers are fine, since the housing is not plastic like in the new ones. Please take a look at this site before you buy anything:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com.....ixers.html

The mixer I finally decided on was a Bosch compact.

I hope this helps

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 3:37am
post #18 of 23

Mine was actually a display model at Lowe's. I got the 5qt Artisan for Christmas, with the beater blade, whisk, dough hook, and shield for $125. It didn't come with the manual, but my mom downloaded it and got it bound for me.

CakeEvolution Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeEvolution Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 12:53am
post #19 of 23

I purchased my KA directly from their website. I ended getting a refurbshied model 6qt Professional Series...cost of the machine was $239!!!!! And it comes with a 6 month warranty.... I looked at everyone's post ahead of time and these things are BUILT to LAST.... so far so good!! (9/2009)

It came with basic tools, except the plastic pouring shield.

shopKitchenAid.com

EmilysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilysCakes Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 1:22am
post #20 of 23

I just purchased a refurbished one from the Kitchen Aid factory store in Ohio. I think I spent $250 for the one that usually costs $400 in stores. We went on a tour of the factory and found out that the refurbished ones are as good as new because they put all new parts in them before they resell them. A lot of them had never been used before.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 1:35am
post #21 of 23

Amazon.com sells good deals for mixers. Just sign up for their deal of the day and you will find out when they are putting them on sale.

Both of mine are in the shop...they really are made for "home use" and with all the work I make mine do, I think they don't stand up to it as well as maybe the older ones would have. But they've been doing okay...we'll see what the damage is when they call me with what needs fixed. icon_smile.gif

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 5:24am
post #22 of 23

I got mine at craiglist for 100.00 it is the pro600 and it was brand new I love craiglist!!! Two weeks ago I also got a 16" cake plateau stand silver plated for $75 it was new too.

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:53pm
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by misabel99

I got mine at craiglist for 100.00 it is the pro600 and it was brand new I love craiglist!!! Two weeks ago I also got a 16" cake plateau stand silver plated for $75 it was new too.

YES!! Craigslist, craigslist, craigslist. I also got mine brandnew for $100... okay, so now it's broken but that's a different thread. I got my second one (big 5 qt commercial one) for $75 at a yardsale. If you can get one used that's the way to go! If it breaks it will probably be way cheaper to have it fixed or fix it yourself. Good luck. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%