Lifesized Rkt Sculpture

Decorating By lobsterpudding Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 1:04pm by lobsterpudding

lobsterpudding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lobsterpudding Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 4

I am wanting to build a 5 ft. tall sculpture out of rkt. We live near Point Plesant, WV and I am wanting to recreate the Mothman out of RKT, buttercream icing, and airbrushed silver. I need help, tips, and tricks to do this. Especially about the support system and how to make the wings(i was thinking a wire frame with fondat). Crazy, I know! But I would really appreciate the help!

3 replies
lobsterpudding Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 4

heres the pic i am basing this off of.
LL

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 4

Wow! That's REALLY ambitious, and it's going to be REALLY heavy! Have you thought about maybe carving the body, in sections, from styrofoam and then putting fondant or gum paste over it? You'll definitely need an armature, and if you have to use RKT, it'll have to be something like PVC piping to support the weight. As for the wings, I would cut them out of foamcore and cover that. Good luck and keep us posted.

lobsterpudding Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 4

thank you for that. i planned on building a structure out of pvc pipes. i also thought the same thing about the building it in sections. i am just nervous and excited, and was wondering if anyone else ever built something like this. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%