April Fool's Day Cookies?

Baking By JGMB Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 5:19pm by metria

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 11

I need ideas, please!!! My friend works at a bank and would like cookies for their big staff meeting on April 1st. Can anyone give me inspiration for a funny cookie? I use glace, not fondant. TIA!!!

10 replies
CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 11

This is a cupcake, but you could do a variation on a cookie. It's a fried egg:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=40568

I also saw somewhere that someone did a devilled egg cookie that was just too cute.

myKzooKid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myKzooKid Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 11

Its for a bank on April Fool's day right? First thing that came to my mind was "This is a stick up!".

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 11

cartoonish looking money bags, hand guns, a robber's mask (or if you're feeling extra creative, a masked robber's face), dollar bills, coins, etc.

I work in a bank and I think most of the people working here would get a kick out of them icon_smile.gif Just make sure you approve the design with your friend (incase she works with people with no sense of humor).

Have fun! And let us know what you decide to make and then share the pics! icon_smile.gif

pikle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikle Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 11

cookie-oh... you were thinking what I was thinking icon_biggrin.gif. use a choc melt for the "yolk"... think it would be easy and cute icon_biggrin.gif

Or you could do a variation of the "hamburger cupcake"... use icing for the middle....

Nicole

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 11

I love the fake food idea for April Fool's Day! Especially if you served it on the appropriate dish kind of thing. Can't you just see them reaching for a deviled egg as a "change" to their usual meeting treats? icon_lol.gif

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:42pm
post #7 of 11

hehe i like the idea of a cookie that has "cake" written on it...

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 11

I love to tease my kids on April Fools' Day with dinner.

I've told them that we're having eggs for dessert, which were fried egg shapes cut out of a 9"x13" yellow cake, covered in whipped cream with a half a peach on top... my oldest actually cried the first time I pulled this one, as he's not a big fan of eggs.

I've seen "cake for dinner", which was a molded meatloaf, frosted in mashed potatoes.

I think the taco cakes I've seen on here would be fun.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:03pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks, everyone, for your ideas so far! The only thing I could think of on my own was to write "You're Fired" on a cookie to be placed in front of each person at the table. Then, I remembered "The Office" episode where Michael fake-fired Pam and she cried!

Anyway, I like the idea of the eggs served on a deviled egg plate. The only problem is, she wants them individually wrapped. So, it's going to be obvious that they're cookies.

Keep the clever thoughts coming, please!

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:16pm
post #10 of 11

Hmm, wonder why she wants individually wrapped? Are they a momento of the meeting and not meant to be consumed there? icon_confused.gif

Maybe dollar sign cookies? I looked it up and sure enough, there is one in the gallery. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=63372

Maybe you could write "your check is in the mail" on them. April Fool! icon_biggrin.gif

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:19pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Thanks, everyone, for your ideas so far! The only thing I could think of on my own was to write "You're Fired" on a cookie to be placed in front of each person at the table. Then, I remembered "The Office" episode where Michael fake-fired Pam and she cried!

Anyway, I like the idea of the eggs served on a deviled egg plate. The only problem is, she wants them individually wrapped. So, it's going to be obvious that they're cookies.

Keep the clever thoughts coming, please!

hahahahhahahha
i might have to do this too. great idea, thanks for sharing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%