Need Help On Making The Little Cowboy Boots

Decorating By lynnscakes Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 8:46pm by lynnscakes

lynnscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynnscakes Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:38pm
post #1 of 6

Hiya

I've downloaded the the little cowboy boot template and have started to make them. I'm having a problem getting the top of the boots to stand while it's drying. Can anyone offer any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Lynn

5 replies
chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 6

Wish I could help. Here's a bump

Julie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie53 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 6

Hi Lynn, I have not done this myself but I have read that you can use styrofoam to brace it while it dries. Hope it helps you!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:39pm
post #4 of 6

That's my template. The trick is making sure you use a good fondant/gumpaste mix and make sure you do not roll it too thin. The thicker the better. Mine were almost thick enough that they stood on their own. I used cotton balls to help them but you could try a paper towel tube. If they are still wilting too much, try adding tylose to your mixture or making the mixture have more gumpaste and less fondant.

I don't know if you can see the thickness from this picture.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1356916&sub=1356923

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 6

I just made those recently and used a plastic bottle to let them firm up then i attached them to the soles. I used cotton balls in the toes to keep the form.

lynnscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynnscakes Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 8:46pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks Kathyscc. I think the problem is the gum paste isn't thick enough. I'll go and make it thicker.

Lynn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%