9Yr Old Boy Bday Cake

Decorating By rosie31 Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 3:08pm by myslady

rosie31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosie31 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a cake for my little brother who is turning 9. He loves animals, snowboarding, & baseball. I could have fun with this cake if i only knew what to chose! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 6

A snowboarding animal with a baseball cap on?? LOL Sorry, that was my first thought - could be funny depending on which animal you choose! Good luck with this one - it sounds fun.

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 6

If its a baseball team that has a animal masscot, then you could that snowboarding on a mountain.

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 6

Why don't you do a snowboard, and you know how they have "stickers" and labels on them sometimes? You can put different designs on it, that incorporate his other hobbies/likes. So you can add in the logo of his favorite baseball team, and do paw prints, or an animal design if you didn't want to actually put animals on it.

AppaloosaCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AppaloosaCakes Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:45am
post #5 of 6

If it was me i would make a two layer cake, cover it with white fondant for snow, and add a couple of fondant snow boards, with the brand name(his name) on them. Add baseball accents at the bottom. lika baseball cap with his favorite animal on it.

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 3:08pm
post #6 of 6

Baseball field with players

Mountain of snow with figure snowboarding

A zoo cake with the animals looking at people in cages.

If you incorporate all three themes, it may make it harder for you next year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%