Fillings And Icings That Don't Require Refridgeration

Decorating By denaann Updated 24 Feb 2005 , 8:56pm by GHOST_USER_NAME

denaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denaann Posted 21 Feb 2005 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 3

I'm new to cake decorating so I could use a little advice. I cover my cakes with fondant and I'm not a big fan of buttercream icing. What are some good options for fillings and icings that won't spoil without refridgeration? I've seen many recipes that souind wonderful, but it seems that they all have whipping cream or milk in them. I've looked for Bettercream or any similar product, but have had no luck. I'm in the Kansas City, MO area. There is recipe in the book The Whimsical Bakehouse for a filling called Cookies and Cream that sounds divine, but once again, it is made with whipping cream. I'd like to find a versatile recipe that could modified with other flavors and ingredients. Any ideas would be so very much appreciated!!!!

2 replies
Di Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Di Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 3

My mother used to do cakes. She used to use a non-dairy topping called Pastry Pride. It was better than whipped cream - taste and it could sit out a lot longer. I live in SW Missouri and have been unable to find it down here. If anyone knows of this product, please let us know. Also, it was good becuase she used to freeze it, and thaw it as needed.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 3

Actually Pastry Pride is more whip cream like, very soft, can't make roses. Frosting pride- same flavor, thicker consistency- makes great roses.

This stuff is only available at Smart and Final Stores.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%