How Is This Design Done On This Cake? Wedding

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 5:56am by tonedna

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 31

I was noticing the Top Tier, Middle Tier, and Bottom Tier, how is this done??? Its gorgeous work!!!!!

any ideas??? This woman does some wonderful work, I could only be so lucky....

OK WONT POST...WHAT DO I NEED TO DO, RESIZE IT????

30 replies
jhay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhay Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 31

Try saving it as one of your cake photos, then just post that its in your photos. Name it something like...Not My Cake or something to distinguish it.

PumpkinTart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PumpkinTart Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 31

This just came up in another forum. You can't post pictures in the gallery of cakes that aren't yours. You can upload them to the thread (so yes, try to resize them and upload again) but if you put them in your gallery and they're found, they'll be deleted.

The other thread was about a cake wreck and uploading pics into the gallery just to slam them was not appropriate, so they were deleted. Even though this isn't the same scenario, I'm sure labeling a cake with 'not my cake' would get them deleted quickly. Just FYI!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 31

Either resize them by using shrinkpictures.com or upload them to photobucket.com and paste the image code in the text box.

2txmedics Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 31

Ok let me try this again.....
LL

lanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanana Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 31

I think that is made using a lace impression mold and then painted with pearl/luster dust.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:15pm
post #7 of 31

I believe Jennifer Dontz uses some of those molds and she also sells them. She has Sugardelights if you do a google search. On cc she is jennifermi.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:19pm
post #8 of 31

I have that mold. It's from Elegant Lace Molds.com and it's #201. http://www.elegantlacemolds.com/molds.php?type=2&set=0

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I have that mold. It's from Elegant Lace Molds.com and it's #201. http://www.elegantlacemolds.com/molds.php?type=2&set=0

Yup, she got it!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:44pm
post #10 of 31

Hi Ednaaaaaa....icon_smile.gif what's the name of the board that you use in your video's to do you flowers on? forgot..lol

tonedna Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 6:04pm
post #11 of 31

Is called a cel board. Is a bit expensive but it's the bes thing I have ever bought in my life!
Edna icon_smile.gif

2txmedics Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:08am
post #12 of 31

Wow!!!! Thanks to all of you, I knew I could count on the "smart cake addicts"....lol....

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:23am
post #13 of 31

I have that mold! Its sitting in my cupboard collecting dust! I used it once for a cake dummy and never used it again! But I love the design though!

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:34am
post #14 of 31

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=565893

I have that same mold here's the cake I did using it

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:40am
post #15 of 31

I also thought it was Jen's work, Is it Jen's or Edna's? either way that is a beautiful cake and thanks for the link bob.

bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:32am
post #16 of 31

I don't know who did that particular cake, but that style of wrapping lace around the cake has been done by both Jen and Edna (and countless others!) icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:54am
post #17 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueask

I also thought it was Jen's work, Is it Jen's or Edna's? either way that is a beautiful cake and thanks for the link bob.

That is not my work, and doesnt look like Jennifer'e either.
I can say that by the photo icon_razz.gif Jenifer usually takes pictures that look from a photographer.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

weirkd Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 9:54pm
post #18 of 31

Yep, she's really good at taking her pictures! I know Sam from Cakes by Sam uses that mold alot. It could be her cake! That is where I saw the mold and loved it and bought it from them.

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 12:51am
post #19 of 31

That is a beautiful cake. Whoever did the cake did a marvelous job. Edna, where can I find the cel board? The one i'm using is not a good one.

tonedna Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 5:14am
post #20 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeCrystals

That is a beautiful cake. Whoever did the cake did a marvelous job. Edna, where can I find the cel board? The one i'm using is not a good one.

Globalsugarart.com.. They have it!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 5:52am
post #21 of 31

2texmedics, I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I posted many lace covered wedding cakes today. The wedding cakes were all covered with real fabric lace (3 and 4 tier cakes). The cakes I posted were just practice cakes but when you do them for real you would make fill and frost your cake as usual then cover with fondant. After the fondant is when you attach the real lace. You cover each ENTIRE tier with the fabric lace.

They can be beautiful (real) cakes!

cocobean Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:04am
post #22 of 31

...I'll post a couple pics if I can get the pixels smaller!

cocobean Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:12am
post #23 of 31

...here is one
LL

cocobean Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:18am
post #24 of 31

...here is another one
LL

CakeEvolution Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeEvolution Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:45am
post #25 of 31

I am a little confused????? So these lace wraps are like a mold that you would just roll or place your fondant into???

bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:51am
post #26 of 31

The lace wraps that I mentioned are made of a foam-type substance and are perfect for either chocolate or fondant or gumpaste.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:11am
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

Yep, she's really good at taking her pictures! I know Sam from Cakes by Sam uses that mold alot. It could be her cake! That is where I saw the mold and loved it and bought it from them.

If you have the book by Two Sweet Sisters, they use this mold A LOT...like on every other cake in their book. It's a beautiful mold and very elegant. Now...when they come out with a cutter that goes with it...! icon_biggrin.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:15am
post #28 of 31

Cocobean those cakes you posted are Styrofoam wrapped with real lace and it's tied or clamped in the back out of view and not even the flowers are edible are they not? I don't get it? The OP was asking about a specific lace mold for fondant gum paste or chocolate.

weirkd Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:19am
post #29 of 31

Yah, I know what you mean! Their great molds but their a biatch to cut out in time before the fondant dries out! It would be nice if they did have a cutter!

2txmedics Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 4:11am
post #30 of 31

OMG!!! What a beautiful cake, Im so jealous of you all....lol

I love Edna's cakes,...she is one of them...they are so many but her's stand out for me, maybe cause Ive watched her tutorials...etc...

I work strictly in BC, fondant and I tend to fight...lol, and Im so mad that I get frustrated with it....I was just wondering how they got that design on a cake!!!! its gorgeous!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%