Please Rec A Hotel In Seattle

Lounge By leah_s Updated 19 Mar 2010 , 12:58am by drakegore

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 8

near Bell Pier. Cruising to Alaska and arriving a day before sailing. Not too much $$, as the cruise is $$$. Thanks.

7 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 8

I am not much help Leah_s - we love that area, but we never stay in Seattle. The Paradise Inn on Mt. Rainier is where we usually go. (and a small condo over in Forks when we are on that side of the Olympics) You are going on my dream vacation though, so I can't wait to hear about the trip!! When are you going?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:24am
post #3 of 8

The hubby and grown daughter and I are going mid summer. It's a once in a lifetime trip for us. We enjoy cruising and I wanted to see Alaska before it melts. icon_smile.gif

Now who's gonna find me a hotel?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 8

Leah_s have you tried a google search?

For the ICES Convention in CA I typed in "hotels near" and typed out the address. It gave me a map picture of the hotels in the area, and when you hover over them it tells you their star ratings.

MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 8

I really like the Ramada Seattle Downtown. There's a lot of shopping and restaurants nearby and the hotel is very nice. We pay about $100 which I don't think is bad for Seattle!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 8

Leah_s - one other thing is to ask whatever hotel you are going to stay at whether they have a free shuttle to the pier. Some do....otherwise you are spending money on a taxi ($$) or walking carrying some luggage.

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 12:47am
post #7 of 8

I've stayed at the Paramount a few times and it's pretty good. Not really big, but nice enough rooms, decent prices. The W hotel is good too, but pricey unless you get a deal.

Where will you be in Alaska?

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 12:58am
post #8 of 8

there is i little hotel in the PIKE PLACE MARKET, cannot recall the name of it, but there is only one....really lovely and the market is just up the hill from the piers (within walking if you wanted to) and just a couple blocks from downtown. if you have anytime to spend in seattle, the market is full of things to watch and see. it's one of my favorite places in the world icon_smile.gif.

diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%