Is Your 6Qt Kitchenaid...

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 2:51am by hhcakes

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 9

really loud in contrast to your 4.5 quart? I can't get over how much louder mine is. Is it because it is a larger motor or do I need to grease this thing? It just seems excessive to me.

Thanks guys!

8 replies
TejasRebel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TejasRebel Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 9

Yep. I said the same thing when I got my larger one a couple years back. It's noisy with a capital N. I've gotten in the habit of plugging in my earbuds, hook up the iPod, and tuning out icon_smile.gif

scoobydid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobydid Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 9

mine does it too.

DreamMaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamMaker2 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 9

Mine does the same thing - My hubby called to me from the other room, wanting to know why the lawn mower was in the kitchen! LOL!

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:30pm
post #5 of 9

Okay... at least I know there isn't anything "wrong" with it.

CakesbyCristina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCristina Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 10:00pm
post #6 of 9

I just got my 6qt brand new and while it is a different noise than my older 3.5 I don't find it is any louder really. Do you all have older models? My mom has a 6qt and her's seems really loud as well. I wonder if the newer models have been updated to account for this? Maybe my old 3.5 was just really loud too so I am used to it?

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 11:04pm
post #7 of 9

I got my 6 qt about a year ago. It isn't any louder than my ancient 4.5 qt. I know there was a problem with plastic gears breaking when they first came out. At some point the company responded to complaints and started using metal gears again. So there are two versions of the machine out there. Maybe that has something to do with it.

You can google for more information on this, including a way to tell if you have the plastic or metal gears...and how to replace them.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 11:54pm
post #8 of 9

I use earplugs if I have to have mine on a high speed for any length of time!

hhcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hhcakes Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:51am
post #9 of 9

My 6 qt. was so much louder than my previous 5 qt. that I took it back and got another one because I thought something was wrong with it. Needless to say...there was nothing wrong with the original one ...the 6 qt. is just LOUD! I also don't like the new way the bowl is attached either. It can easily pop off when mixing heavy cookie dough or mint dough. But it's bigger and more powerful...you just can't hear anything when it's running!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%