Apple Blossoms - Best Cutters/instructions?

Decorating By emrldsky Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 12:17pm by emrldsky

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 4

I know these are supposed to be fairly easy to make, but I can't even choose a cutter to use! Then, after that's all said and done, I wouldn't even know how to get the flowers to look good after I've cut them out.

So, if anyone knows of a set of cutters that would work great, I'd appreciate you sharing. icon_smile.gif And if there's a set of instructions out there on the Web (that I haven't been able to find, at all) I'd appreciate anyone sharing that too.

If not, I appreciate you taking a peek. icon_smile.gif

TIA!!!!

3 replies
windemire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
windemire Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 6:59am
post #2 of 4

The ONLY blossom cutters I use anymore are the cutter/veiner sets Jennifer Dontz sells on her site. They're awesome, and you don't have to do a thing to make them look great, other than dust them just slightly.

http://www.jenniferdontz.com/

You'll find them under cutter/veiner sets.

nwnest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nwnest Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 9:20am
post #3 of 4

You just need a little five-petal cutter. There are a couple of sets on Jennifer Dontz's site that windemire mentioned that would work. The advantage to those is that the metal ones are sharper and give you a cleaner cut with less work. Veiners give you a more realistic texture. They are also more expensive.

The Wilton gumpaste flower kit has an apple blossom cutter in it, and directions on making them in the book that comes with it. It also comes with the foam pad and the tool to thin the petals. The one disadvantage is the Wilton cutters in this kit are plastic, and just a little more labor intensive to use. (You'll also want to pick up some stamens.)

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both! icon_biggrin.gif I think I like the set on Jennifer Dontz's site, and might get that.

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%