Words On Cookies

Baking By xiswtsawluiix Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 10:40pm by pattycakesnj

xiswtsawluiix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xiswtsawluiix Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:36am
post #1 of 10

I'm pretty sure the wording on the cookie was printed on edible paper. What kind of edible paper is this and where could I find it? Also, how is it applied onto the cookie? It looks like it was printed directly onto the cookie itself.

Please help!
LL

9 replies
xiswtsawluiix Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 5:42am
post #2 of 10

Any suggestions?

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 10

If it is just a monogram, you could stencil it with either dark luster dust, or color gel, or even royal icing.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 10

If it was edible paper, its possible they cut it the same shape/size as the bottom tier of the cookie so that the edges wouldn't show...

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 10

Not sure where you got this photo from, but I know that there are at least a couple of companies out there that have printers that print directly ON the cookie. Maybe this is one of them.

I usually use a stencil for mine and either use a dry brush or air brush over it.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 10

http://www.sweetart.com/

there was a thread on these a while ago (maybe 2 yrs. ago) and it was determined (I think they found the actual person that made these cookies) that the jet decorating system was used (the link above) and it DOES print directly on cakes and cookies and if I remember correctly in was in the range of about $4,000 I believe

Here is the jet decorator in operation

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4382351?fr=yvmtf

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:26pm
post #7 of 10

KHalstead nailed it. thumbs_up.gif I did a lot of research on this a while ago and that was indeed done with a jet decorator. I couldn't justify it yet at this point for myself, but it is oh, so neat! I spoke to a few people that had them and they were very pleased with theirs.

xiswtsawluiix Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 5:17pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone for the wonderful information! Greatly appreciated! thumbs_up.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 10:15pm
post #9 of 10

Yes, it was me who started a thread with the same pic or something very similar. It was definately that expensive machine that prints onto the cookies. So cool.
The easiest and more economical way to do this is the stencil as gemini suggested, or edible paper.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 10:40pm
post #10 of 10

I have done it both ways, edible paper and stenciling. For a monogram or something simple, I did RI stencil (had the stencil custom made at stencilease.com for around $20) See my pics of cookies. I also did cookies where they wanted "will you be my bridesmaid?" on the cookie and I did an edible image.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%