Another ?, Wasc For Cupcakes

Baking By mindy1204 Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 2:14am by Sherry1030

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:30am
post #1 of 10

Sorry I know I am asking alot of questions..I really do know how to make a cupcake..

I am making it WASC the same recipe I use for cakes...LOVE IT! Do I need to tweak it at all?

TIA again!

9 replies
kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 10

I have made cupcakes with it just fine, but I have read that some haven't so I think you will just have to try it, just do half a recipe first to see if it works.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 1:13am
post #3 of 10

I use it all the time - it doesn't always dome and you have to be careful not to overbake because they look like they are not done - but they turn out moist and absolutely delicious!

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 12:53am
post #4 of 10

The cupcake extender recipe from this site makes great cupcakes also. It is similar to wasc.

katnmouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katnmouse Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:09am
post #5 of 10

The first time I tried the WASC recipe I made them into cupcakes. The flavor was terrific and they very moist. However, they had a super light weight texture...very sponge cake-y, you might even say springy. I was not thrilled with the texture, but maybe it was just because I was expecting (hoping???) for a more dense moist pound cake type of texture. I'm going to try it in full cake form and see if that makes a difference.

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:21am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vww104

The cupcake extender recipe from this site makes great cupcakes also. It is similar to wasc.

Can you tell me what this is and where it's posted? I did a recipe search and it didn't come up...
Thanks!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:49pm
post #7 of 10

Ive used several different wasc variations from the gourmet thread, and all have come out fabulous on cupcakes!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 2:00pm
post #8 of 10

I do it all the time. 350 for 18 minutes for me. Pretty much fool proof.

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:46am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vww104

Can you tell me what this is and where it's posted? I did a recipe search and it didn't come up...
Thanks!

Debby...it's the cake mix extender (not cupcake extender) by lilscakes, it's on this site, it's great! I usually use a yellow cake mix, but if you want chocolate use a devils food mix with 1 box of instant choc pudding.

Sherry1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry1030 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:14am
post #10 of 10

I add a little extra veg oil when making cupcakes and they come out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%