Pricing For Crowd Size Sheet Cake

Decorating By SugarBakers05 Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 1:40am by SugarBakers05

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:59am
post #1 of 4

Hi there, i've been asked to do a WASC sheet cake for 300 people!! I'm going over the price to charge and wonder if its reasonable to charge $400??Please let me know what you guys think, thanks! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:13am
post #2 of 4

I had this much cake ordered about twice to three times a year from the governor's office, so I have some experience in sheet cakes this size. I charged about $500,give or take. You should consider and/or factor in a cost for the extra sturdy boards it takes to hold all of that cake plus the extra person that may be needed to help haul this cake because one person can't carry it.

300 servings / $400 = about $1.35/serving.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:15am
post #3 of 4

I personally think you're undercharging. That is only $1.33/serving. Not sure what the standard price is in Toronto, but I start my standard sheet cake (2" of cake and buttercream icing on top) at $1.50/serving. If you're doing them 4" high with filling in the middle then I would charge more per serving.

So my price for 2" layer cake would be $600 (w/o delivery)
and my price for 4" layer cake would be $800 (w/o delivery)

Also, if you're delivering this, can you fit this much cake in one trip? If you'll have to make multiple trips make sure you charge for each one!

edited to add: I know this is only about 3 Full sheet cakes (at least by the sizes I use) but if you can't stack them high or have enough room to lay side by side, the delivery is something to consider.

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:40am
post #4 of 4

Thanks everyone for the input, and here I thought I was too expensive!
take care icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%