Is Anyone Watching American Idol This Season?

Lounge By michellenj Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 5:52am by JaimeAnn

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 13

I am, but I believe this is the weakest final 12 that they've ever had. Tonight is the Rolling Stones theme. Any thoughts, predictions?

12 replies
VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 13

I'm watching, but I'm already getting bored with it, that usually doesnt happen till later! No one really stands out to me, and I agree this isnt a great year, I am rooting for Big Mike, I just like him!

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:05am
post #3 of 13

I Am! I was really disappointed with last weeks eliminations. I liked Lilly and Alex I think there were a couple others that should have been sent home other than them.

I think it will come down to Crystal B. and Big Mike...

I agree this is far from a remarkable season... And I think it is just going to get worse in future seasons, especially since Simon will be leaving. He is the only one who tells the truth.

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:30am
post #4 of 13

I agree with all of the above, compared to previous seasons this one is a let down. No one truly stands out against the others. I am a huge Ellen fan but not on this show, I think she does great on her own talk show but she is not for this position.

I, too, like big Mike, just something about him.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:39am
post #5 of 13

Ditto on Big Mike, he is the best of the men this year

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:09am
post #6 of 13

I'm also a fan of Big Mike, and I like Crystal Bowersox too.

I think Ellen is doing fine. I like her a lot. This is her first season and I believe she (and we with her) will likely feel a bit more comfortable next season, if AI lasts another season after Simon leaves.

Ellen is certainly doing a lot better than ditzy Paula was by the end of her time there. I could hardly make sense of what she was saying some of the time. Paula was sweet, but was not the sharpest tool in the shed. Ellen is VERY smart.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:51am
post #7 of 13

It'll probably boil down to Big Mike and Crystal, they stand out this year, but the last years were better

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:10am
post #8 of 13

We've been talking about this, too. Very weak top 12. I love Crystal Bowersox, but I think there were some huge mistakes made last week when a couple of them were sent home. I loved Alex. And when he left he was so sad. It made me sad, too. icon_sad.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:38am
post #9 of 13

I've kinda been watching it - but not like previous years. Normally, I'm glued to the tv and won't move. But I've been missing some of it. They just aren't good enough to commit that many hours a week to watch.

JaimeAnn Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:56am
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahsmom

We've been talking about this, too. Very weak top 12. I love Crystal Bowersox, but I think there were some huge mistakes made last week when a couple of them were sent home. I loved Alex. And when he left he was so sad. It made me sad, too. icon_sad.gif

Ditto: I was so sad, He was SOOO upset he could hardly sing his farewell song. I really liked his voice , he sings a lot like the music I allready listen to. I loved his version of Trouble! I would probably buy an album by him.

I think Cryrstal is the most talented of the group. My husband likes Lacey but I dont think she will make it to the end.

I am kinda liking Andrew too. Not so much tonight but I liked his acoustic version of "were going down" by Fall out boy.

I didn't like Big Mikes song tonight.

I think the best tonight were Crystal, Aarron (so far the ONLY song I liked by him) and Siobhan.

I like Ellen . I think she is doing good.

Ok thats my wrap up for this week , hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahh

I guess we will see tomorrow!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:41pm
post #11 of 13

I've been watching too and I agree it's a little boring...I like the young girl, the 16 year old...see, I should know her name by now, LOL

I LOVE Ellen, but not on this show...I thought she was going to be funnier, but she cares so much that she's taking the position so seriously and actually trying to help them, so it's not much different than nutball Paula...of course Ellen is more coherent, so I guess that's good.
Honestly, they could've gotten by with just Randy, Kara, and Simon.

JamieAnn...I also liked Adam's Fall Out Boy performance, it was my favorite of the whole season.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:35am
post #12 of 13

I was also really upset when Alex left. He was one of the best. No way him or Lily should have went home. I really like Lee. And I really liked Andrew too. I just keep waiting for him to bring back what he had in hollywood week. I think Crystal, Lee, Andrew and Siobhan are my top 4.

JaimeAnn Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:52am
post #13 of 13

Ok so I think tonights elimination was wrong..... but Lacey would have been voted off sooner or later anyway..

Tim should have been voted off tonight.

Did anyone hear them say what next weeks theme is?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%