Need Ideas For Funky Cupcake Display

Decorating By fabray13 Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 5:24am by elvisb

fabray13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabray13 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 3

Hello! Just got an order for cupcakes for a graduation party. Mother is requesting cupcake be displayed as the center piece on each table. Does anyone have any funky ideas how i can display them? Also wondering if anyone is aware of places that may rent cupcake displays. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

2 replies
JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 5:01am
post #2 of 3

I would build a cupcake tower. I make them out of foam core board and styrofoam blocks, then cover in printed giftwrap and some ribbon around the edges. Search the gallery for cupcake tower , there are some really cool ideas there.

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 5:24am
post #3 of 3

If I'm understanding this correctly, there will be lots of tables set up and she wants cc's on every table? Not just one big cupcake buffet? (If it's a cupcake buffet, then I would also suggest cupcake towers.) OK, for individual tables, a really cheap homemade cake plate is to get those clear plastic champagne glasses and flip it upside down, put a little dot of hot glue or rubber cement on the bottom of the stem, and set a clear plastic paper plate on top. I know that sounds wierd, but they make disposable paper plates out of clear plastic so they look like crystal. Anyway, it's very easy and cheap to mass produce and they look really cool. You can stick confetti or flowers or whatever under the glass to jazz it up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%