Pricing Things Out - Wipeable Ceiling Tiles?

Business By JoyRide Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 2:54am by tara22

JoyRide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoyRide Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 5

So after searching for what seems like eternity, I have finally found a small, affordable commercial space that'll be just the right size for my little kitchen and a consultation area. I am in the process of pricing out the various items I will need to get the space up to regulations.

Our health department requires wipeable ceiling tiles. I have searched online and have found them on a couple of sites, but none of them list the price. I'm sure they're expensive, but I am just wanting a general idea of what I'm looking at here. To those of you that have commercial space, do you know where your tiles came from? And how much they cost? I'm preparing myself for a ridiculous amount, haha!

4 replies
jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 5

I have construction connections, so I can't help much on price.

Call your hardware store and ask them! Usually the commercial division will have the best info. Also, call around to a few drywall/ceiling places in town and ask them for a quote?

Are you putting them in yourself or is someone else?

JoyRide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoyRide Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 5

I will keep checking around. I checked some of our local places and all they had was the regular acoustic tiles. :/ The place I plan to use already has tiles, just the wrong kind, so I plan to swap them out myself.

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 5

Here are a couple options with pricing:

http://www.denver-ceilings.com/Clean_room_ceiling_tiles.html

For the Polystyrene tiles it comes out to about $1/sq ft plus shipping

Best of luck!

tara22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tara22 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:54am
post #5 of 5

I JUST WENT THROUGH THIS WHEN I OPENED IN JULY. I HAD TO HAVE THEM SPECIAL ORDERED FROM LOWE'S (THEY CAME IN THE NEXT DAY)AND I THINK THEY WERE ABOUT 1.50 A TILE.
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%