What Is Mmf??

Decorating By Cake-makerz Updated 16 Mar 2010 , 2:53pm by Cake-makerz

Cake-makerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-makerz Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:27am
post #1 of 9

OK, maybe a stupid question, but what is MMF ?
And what are differences between MMf and normal fondant (or NO differences??)

I made a cake, and I had a problem with my red (and black) fondant. This fondant was prepacked and VERY sticky. I used a mold and I had to clean it by hard. If you touch this fondant, your hand is coloured.

So.... IS this MMF or is this very low quality?????

8 replies
Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:15am
post #2 of 9

MMF stands for Marshmallow fondant. I think it is slightly different to normal fondant and from what I've seen is something you make by hand - I don't think it's sold premade but I could be wrong.

Was the fondant pre-coloured? If so, I have had this problem before too. They have to add so much colour that it makes the fondant sticky. I found that mixing it with white fondant made it firmer and kept the colour for me.

Cake-makerz Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:38am
post #3 of 9

Yes, the fondant was pre-coloured....
Red and black are the *difficult* colours

Thanks for the help, but 1 question..
changes the colour? (Lighter, darker?)

Melnick Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 9

If you add white, it should make it lighter but I didn't find enough of a change for me to notice - it was just easier to work with. But I'm in Australia so I assume I have different brands of fondant.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:37am
post #5 of 9

if you can find minature marshmallows, use 1 reg bag, 2 teaspoons or water and one lb of confectioners sugar (powdered sugar), put mm and water in micro 30 second at a time till melted and grease up crisco,, your hands, start adding sugar and mix pull, twist, and use crisco while mixing, i put mine in smaller pkgs 3, crisco your ball i flatten mine out and rub out side of ball and saren wrap, use crisco when working when needed, just thought you might want to see how much cheaper it is to make it. i don't care for pre-made especially wilton, just a little info.

Cake-makerz Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:50pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnick

If you add white, it should make it lighter but I didn't find enough of a change for me to notice - it was just easier to work with. But I'm in Australia so I assume I have different brands of fondant.

What are the best brands in your country?

Melnick Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 9:59pm
post #7 of 9

Bakels is the best brand. It's a bit firmer, super easy to work with and it tastes fantastic!

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 10:05pm
post #8 of 9

If you google "marshmallow fondant" you will find lots of good recipes. It's quick and easy to make, and tastes great!

Cake-makerz Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 2:53pm
post #9 of 9

Ok,

Thanks for the help !! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%