Omg-I Think Im Going To Poop Myself! Freaking Out!

Decorating By BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 2:49pm by FarrahFace

BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:24am
post #1 of 37

I did a Brutal Legend ( completely amazing game-our favorite xbox game by far..) cake back in january for my son's 10th birthday - it has been by far the hardest and more time consuming cake i have ever done- yet it got very little feedback here on CC for it.
Well.. today i got some credit for it I never thought possible!
The creator of Brutal Legend- ..
the actual creator- Tim Schafer!!!
"Double Fine Productions is an award-winning, independent game development studio founded in 2000 by games industry veteran Tim Schafer. (mod edited to remove commercial portion)

he sent me a freind request on Facebook today- and when I went to his page he posted some pics of my cake that he stunmbled across - that had ended up on a few other websites (..that I am JUST finding out about as of now! including it is being twittered all over. i dont even do the whole twitter thing!)

I am totally freaking out here guys!
I am just a stay at home momma who has been doing cakes as a hobby- no training- no classes - nothing- and feel pretty small in the cake world .. (until today .. .. ) this totally made my day!!!!

36 replies
Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:32am
post #2 of 37

That's totally freaking awesome!!! I'm sooo stoked for you! High five and pat on the back!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:36am
post #3 of 37

Thats absolutely awesome..........just goes to show you.....its frustrating how fellow cakers who know how much work goes into some cakes and they don't give you any praise.............I know they can get missed, but still.............I am thrilled for you...good for you!!!!

micky16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micky16 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:38am
post #4 of 37

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting, you deservew it. It is a pretty awsome cake!!

Kitchen_Witch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitchen_Witch Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:39am
post #5 of 37

That cake is amazing! How cool for you!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:39am
post #6 of 37

Wow, super incredible and how awesome that he posted the pics. you KNOW this guy gets a lot of traffic! Great job and great accomplishment.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:41am
post #7 of 37

super cool and congrats!!!!

BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:00am
post #8 of 37

not sure if i am allowed to post a link or not but here it is.....
http://tweetmeme.com/story/717988271/brutal-legend-birthday-cake-would-make-jack-black-proud
i am also featured on brutallegend.net
and because tim's facebook wall isnt public, i cannot show you what he wrote or what all of his freinds from DoubleFine had to say, but so far, I am pretty elated...
( Cake Rhapsody is my user name on flickr.. to avoid any confusion .. )

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:09am
post #9 of 37

if i had seen this i would have said AWESOME! great job.

Jokerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jokerz Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:25am
post #10 of 37

So I had to take a look at the cake. I have to admit that the guitar in the main photo is really nice but generally guitars don't catch my eye so I wouldn't have clicked on it. Having said that, I looked at the rest of the pictures and that is one wicked cake. Your figure is incredible. Kudos on the recognition from the creator of the game.

By the way, I have to say that I love your username.

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:29am
post #11 of 37

That is soooooooooo fantastic and that cake is amazing!!!! you should be very proud!!!!!!

BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:01am
post #12 of 37

thanks guys- i am just an amature /newbie to the cake world at this point- I know that there are a lot of pros on her with actual training and classes and hands on experience working in an actual business- and i am here at home in a rural area with my VERY amateur set up, minimal supplies and all my experience is personal trial and error and just trying to think out of the box- trying to be resourceful and do things to the best of my ability for the amount of limited experience, supplies, time, & resources i have ( I say time because i care for my 4 kids full time as well as pretty much EVERYTHING else around here )

I know that this cake prolly didnt reach a lot of CC'ers because of only a limited genre of interests- geeky gamers and heavy metal music fans !
the positive feedback makes me feel SO validated- and makes me think that I am not fooling myself thinking that someday I might actually have a shot at this whole cake thing!

I actually googled myself ( Barbarann garrard) and "brutal legend cake" and i was very surprised to see my cake pop up on many sites!
It helps me feel like i am less of a nobody.. no longer a miniscule speck of amateur wanna-be nothingness in the cake world-

Tim Schafer is like the 'Aaron Spelling" of the gaming industry, and for him to be blown awayby it (and his wife joked that they wanted my cake for their kids birthday) and ask ME for a friend request on my facebook, i was very flattered very star struck indeed!

and getting props from fellow CC'ers, now that means the world to me more than you all could ever know!

maybe i WILL pursue a career in this someday afterall!

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:49am
post #13 of 37

I am so proud for you! I looked at the rest of your cakes, and YOU ARE GREAT!!! You obviously have natural talent (and work hard)!!! I loved your Santa and baby Jesus cake, and your frog cake was adorable....not to mention your Grave Digger truck was wonderful. Congratulations on getting the recognition that you deserve!!!

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:43am
post #14 of 37

That is incredible how long did it take I bet your son Loved it. Did it break your heart to cut your maxterpiece?

Jacque2241 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jacque2241 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:57am
post #15 of 37

OMG!!! That cake is totally awesome!! Congratulations on a masterpiece!!!!

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 2:16pm
post #16 of 37

The cake is AMAZING and what a great story!!! I am so happy for you!!

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 2:40pm
post #17 of 37

That cake is awesome! Congratulations on the all the recognition! Well deserved!

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:56pm
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

if i had seen this i would have said AWESOME! great job.

Ditto. This is an amazing piece of artistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

...its frustrating how fellow cakers who know how much work goes into some cakes and they don't give you any praise.............I know they can get missed, but still...

I certainly miss some cakes outright, but I wonder if the cake got fewer looks/favorites/comments than it would have otherwise because the feature photo was the one of the guitar. I probably wouldn't have clicked through just to see a guitar up closer, but I would've been interested to see what was going on if one of the photos of the overall cake had been the one that came up in the thumbnails.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:51pm
post #19 of 37

Great job....congratulations!

SunshineSally Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunshineSally Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:59pm
post #20 of 37

congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

MACakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MACakes Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:40pm
post #21 of 37

Wow, you should seriously consider a profession in custom cakes. Your work is wonderful. Congrats on the fabulous feedback and well deserved recognition!

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:43pm
post #22 of 37

How exciting!!! Congratulations on getting recognition for your awesome cakes! You do great work & I think you would be very successful if you considered it as a profession. thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:54pm
post #23 of 37

Congratulations!!!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:08pm
post #24 of 37

Congratulations and how exciting for you!
I have to agree with the others who said that the picture of the guitar does not reveal the theme of the cake. If you would have used the actual cake as the main photo I bet you would have gotten more people's attention. It's amazing, but just by looking at your photos, I could not figure out which one it was at first. Now that I saw it, I still can't figure out how you made it. You are very talented!

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:15pm
post #25 of 37

HOW EXCITING!! icon_smile.gif

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:29pm
post #26 of 37

Wow congratulations and how exciting to get such well earned recongnition

BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:37pm
post #27 of 37

thank you thank you and thank you- once again!
gosh.. i wasnt by any means fishing for commpliments - simply wanted to share my cool experiance.. but the compliments mean so much anyhow! really.. thank you!

but I have a question- is there any way to rearrange the photos so that the main thumbnail pic of of the entire cake and not the guitar? without starting over and deleting the entire thing?

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:18pm
post #28 of 37

You have to hit the edit photo botton and replace the photo.
Then you might have to do the same for the one that is repeated.
Edna icon_smile.gif

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:49pm
post #29 of 37

That is so cool, Im not a big video game player but your cake is awesome.

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:52am
post #30 of 37

Holy cake scraps! That's one incredible creation!!!

Best wishes and Big dreams to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%