How Do I Make Cute Little Bunnies On Cakes?

Decorating By Daisy19 Updated 12 Mar 2010 , 6:43pm by jayne1873

Daisy19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisy19 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 7

easter is coming up and i wanna make a cute cake. and also how do i make the grass? thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 7

http://www.wilton.com/technique/Baby-Bunnies

For grass you use the tip 234.

jdelaney81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelaney81 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 7

For the grass there is a grass tip that you can use. Its about the shape of a thimble and has lots of holes on top. It works great!

For ideas...click on the galleries tab at the top of the page and under Holidays there is a whole section dedicated to easter cakes, from the elaborate to the simple. They should help in the idea department. Are you wanting to make the bunny from buttercream or fondant?

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 7

Ok will the grass be fondant or buttercream? If butterrea, use the tip. However, I recently read Debbie Brown's books and she suggests (for making fondant grass) that you roll out some green fondant then take the star tip (don't think it matters which one) and pressit down into the fondant slightly. Add a slight twist and lift up. this should create a grassy texture. Haven't tried it yet personally, but I'm anxious to see how it looks!

Daisy19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisy19 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 7

the bunny from fondant or gumpaste. which ever hold better.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:43pm
post #7 of 7

If making the grass from fondant you can also use the extruder. Use the tip/accesory (not sure what you call them but the bit you put in the end to get the shape you want) with lots of holes, push out some fondant cut it off and it makes little tufts of grass

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%