Kopykat Accessory Questions

Baking By sweetcreationsbykimberly Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 1:42am by GeminiRJ

sweetcreationsbykimberly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcreationsbykimberly Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 8

I was wondering if these accessories are really needed
Extension tube: <36"x36" on stand

Reducing Lense: <50% reduction -

And I am planning on ordering the base unit not the clap on. Is that what most get?

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 8

I have the base unit...I wouldn't get the clamp..it is more hassle that it's worth...I didn't get any extra tubes with it just what it came with and I've never needed more.You pull it out and turn it around for smaller images.One has a thicker slightly concave lense and the other is a thinner lense..Works for me...and I use mine all the time..next to my airbrush and edible image printer one of my best investments since I can't draw for the life of me!!

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 8

I also have the base unit. And no accessories. It works fine.
Did you see my post about the coupon for ASWexpress.com? 20% off plus free shipping
Code is MAGIC

sweetcreationsbykimberly Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 8

Yes, I did. Thank you so much for letting us know. I was going to wait till Monday to order but I am going to order today. When I checked this morning it was out of stock, so I guess I will be waiting..... icon_confused.gif

sweetcreationsbykimberly Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 8

I got mine ordered!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Cynsational Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynsational Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 8

I bought mine around the same time toleshed did, thanks to an awesome coupon she posted. It's definitely an awesome machine, but I'm having user-error issues that will take time for me to figure out.

Right now it's the shadows that are driving me crazy! It's not really my hands getting in the way, it's the piping tip that makes the tracing lines hard to see. I keep trying different hand positions, but still haven't found the 'right' one yet.

I've also had an issue with getting the image small enough and contemplated getting the reduction lens. It could be that the image I'm starting with is too big, though honestly I don't think they're all that large (maybe a tiny bit bigger than the size I need on a cookie.)

Any advice on these issues would be greatly appreciated!

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 12:24am
post #7 of 8

Cynsational - are you tracing the design on with edible markers first? Thats what I did. Then take the cookie off the projector and Then with my pastry bag fill in the areas. I didn't have any shadow issues. My dh did howerver make me a cardboard surround thing. It kept things dark enough to use in my bright kitchen.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:42am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

Cynsational - are you tracing the design on with edible markers first? Thats what I did. Then take the cookie off the projector and Then with my pastry bag fill in the areas. I didn't have any shadow issues. My dh did howerver make me a cardboard surround thing. It kept things dark enough to use in my bright kitchen.

I almost never decorate under the light. I only use it for getting the design on cake or cookie. Unless I'm doing lettering. That's all done under the light.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%