Wilton 3-D Egg Pan

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 5:35pm by KHalstead

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:41am
post #1 of 6

Just bought the Wilton 3-D egg pan and I can't seem to find info on how many it would serve. Anyone know?
Also, the directions don't say you have to dowel and board? I would think you would? Advice?
TIA icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:06am
post #2 of 6

Are you talking about that little egg pan that you bake in two halves and then put together? If so - my instructions don't say anything about how many it serves either. I guess it would depend on how thick you slice it.

I have made this cake may times and never dowel and I have taken one to work and also traveled several hours with one. It's just pretty little and if you don't put a ton of filling in between it doesn't move or tip over. I put a generous dab of BC under it before I put it on the cake board.

cakesrock Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:05am
post #3 of 6

Yes, that's the pan I'm talking about... thanks!

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:33am
post #4 of 6

I looked at mine too and the instructions don't say number of servings. I even just tried on the wilton.com site but no info there either. It takes a little more than one cake mix so maybe 10 pieces (?)

cakesrock Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 12:31pm
post #5 of 6

Yeah, you're probaby right : 10- 15 servings, depending on how big you cut. A 9X13 is 15 servings and that's one box.

Thanks!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 6

I consider the egg 12 servings (that's what I got when I sliced one up one time)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%