Tired Of It...

Decorating By adven68 Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 2:30am by The_Lil_Cakehouse

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 82

I am so tired of getting pm's and emails that say:

I need the instructions for your topsy turvy cake. Email me at ....

Give me a break! If you WANT something, and you are asking ME to take time out of my day to write back and help you, then PLEASE learn some manners.

Is hello & how are you? or even just please too much for you? well, then don't expect an answer from me!

81 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 82

If this was facebook, I'd be clicking that I liked this. thumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 82

Even when I'm at work if someone asks me for help and I don't get a please or Thank you it's up to them to figure it out. I don't have time to take out of my day to help the ungrateful.
Probably sounds mean, but I don't care. If they really need your help they will use manners. If not there is always google and this site they can research.

keriskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keriskreations Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 82

Wow, I RARELY ask for help from others (although there are so many people that I could ask endless questions to here), but when I do, I'm all over my self with the pleasantries, ya know? Everyone's been told over their lifetime, treat others how you want to be treated - well, I expect to be treated well, so, I don't respond to demands either....rude!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 82

My issue is the lack of thank yous. I get requests all the time from friendly people, I help them and never hear from them again. Like YOU'RE WELCOME!! icon_confused.gif

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

oh man that'd be neat if we had buttons like that. "Like", or "Agree" and "Disagree", kinda like the quote button!

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:57pm
post #7 of 82

I do find most people to be polite. But I'm always amazed at the folks who demand help, as if I'm a paid customer service employee here.

One person PMd me, "Hi. Send me a tutorial for such and such a cake" Really? I deleted it without bothering to respond. a few days later, the person PMd me again, "Why haven't you sent a tutorial yet?! I need this for this weekend!" My chin hit the floor and I think I caught three flies in my mouth before I could snap to enough to hit the delete button again.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 12:13am
post #8 of 82

How about sending back:
"They haven't found the body of the last person who demanded I stop everything to make them a tutorial."
I spackled her with royal icing and used her to fill an icing dam.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 12:18am
post #9 of 82

Maybe I'm around 3-year olds too much, but I always go with the old, "What's the magic word?" I use it with adults all the time when they don't say "please" for something.

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 12:41am
post #10 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

My issue is the lack of thank yous. I get requests all the time from friendly people, I help them and never hear from them again. Like YOU'RE WELCOME!! icon_confused.gif

Amen...preach on! thumbs_up.gif

kizrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kizrash Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:26am
post #11 of 82

It doesn't cost anything to be polite. I HATE ignorant people, Grrr!!!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:35am
post #12 of 82

AMEN SISTER... this frustrates me to no end!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:47am
post #13 of 82

Thankfully, no one has ever done that to me. I can see what a frustration it would be to anybody though.

Christy0722 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christy0722 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:50am
post #14 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

How about sending back:
"They haven't found the body of the last person who demanded I stop everything to make them a tutorial."

I just spit tea all over my kitchen counter!!! LMAO!!!!! Thank goodness my cake was NOT in front of me at the time!!!!

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:56am
post #15 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:59am
post #16 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

How about sending back:

OMG!! That is too perfect! My whole family is rolling over that one!

Kathi

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:06am
post #17 of 82

Those would be the ones I'd just automatically delete. If they can't be polite they shouldn't be rewarded for it. icon_wink.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:17am
post #18 of 82

Or the ones who can't seem to Google. "Tell me the difference between x and y."

Is my name Google?

cakeglitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeglitz Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:17am
post #19 of 82

OMG!! I have laughed so hard.....you guys are sooooooo funny and so right. There's nothing that I despise more than ungrateful, rude, self centered people and unfortunately there are lurking everywhere. I have learned sooooo very much everyone at CC and I can't even imagine not saying thank you when someone offers a helpful tip. So here's my thumbs up to you guys and THANK YOU!! thumbs_up.gif

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:26am
post #20 of 82

You know ladies I (the shoe doesn't fit me) believe you have to ask nicely if we want the secret. I am not a pro but do know better.

Maybe someone (that PM's that way) can tell us why it is that they ask so blunt and rude, Im not trying to be goodie too shoes or anything but I per se always start my PM with.

"I am sorry to bother you but was wondering if you can help me with so and so" And I always add "I appreciate you taking the time to read and if you can't help I totally understand, Thank you for reading and have a good evening"

I mean I believe you have to treat people the way you want to be treated, And if there is one thing I have learned is look in forums first, goggle then ask if I haven't found an answer.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:27am
post #21 of 82

You know they weren't taught manners at home so they go out into the world without them, it's a shame. I remember us kids having to say please and thank you to each other even when we hated each other at the moment...lol..but it worked and got the point across. I can't imagine wanting someone to do something for me and not being appreciative enough to ask nicely nor thank them...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:33am
post #22 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Or the ones who can't seem to Google. "Tell me the difference between x and y."

Is my name Google?

Ooh I'm with ya there! in the time it took to post a question on CC, they could have had the answer in their hand.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:48am
post #23 of 82

TOTALLY!!!! I really appreciate people who write me with a kind comment and then a few polite specific questions...but I hate those ones who demand some kind of tutorial!!!

I love asking questions of other people too but good grief....I gotta do most of the work myself, and just ask a few questions to get me out of a stuck place...not have someone hold my hand the entire way.

redheadfairy2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redheadfairy2003 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:51am
post #24 of 82

I would like to think people would know how to say Thank You or Please ! You have all members here at CC to help you if you have a question or a problem and I know for a fact that they will because they have helped me !! So PLEASE it is not that hard to say these words.....

THANK YOU and PLEASE

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:51am
post #25 of 82

i completely agree. although its rare that anyone asks me for advice, i see alot of times when people post a comment on picture and say-can you PM how you did this cake.
and 10 more add their email addresses for instructions.
that always strikes me as odd.
especially when the person didnt leave any info on the cake picture in the first place.
which by the way-annoys me. i know its my little pet peeve. and i understand that it is not required to leave any info on your cake picture, but for me, i LOVE to read a little tid-bit about your cake.
i enjoy reading about the flavors, colors, who it is for, why you choose that design etc.
but i know thats off topic.
hopefully people will be alittle more polite when asking for advice on cakes.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:52am
post #26 of 82

Indydebi, I just had an argument on facebook tonight about people not having manners and thanking someone when they collect a gift from one of the games. Her response was, "It's just a game."

I said, "It's just manners, to bad you never were taught any."

Another person wrote, "It just takes a second to click Like."

Then others got on the bandwagon about manners not being shown on facebook.

It took more time to argue the point than to thank the person in the first place.

Christy0722 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christy0722 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:01am
post #27 of 82

Speaking of THANK YOU's....I read in an earlier post about buttercream and "bubbles". I tried one of the suggestions tonight and it worked like a charm!! So...a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone for posting their hints, tips, suggestions, ideas, comments, etc. I've learned so much from so many people in the last month and a half I have been on this forum. I only wish I would have found it a couple of years ago!!!!
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:09am
post #28 of 82

I have to say that I have never encountered any rudeness, the few time I have been asked for instructions it has been done with politeness, and they always email or pm back to thank me for responding.

Lomikesa

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:10am
post #29 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomikesa

I have to say that I have never encountered any rudeness, the few time I have been asked for instructions it has been done with politeness, and they always email or pm back to thank me for responding.

Lomikesa

Alot of it is in the comments to the photos....I get alot of "Please email instructions to this email address". I just ignore those. I respond to nice questions and I always try to respond to my PMs.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:18am
post #30 of 82

I try to use manners even on posts on the board. I think some people think of the comments on the pics as things they would "text"??? (maybe trying to keep it short??) I dunno! i agreee though, please, thank you, and you're welcome are NEVER outdated. Please use them!! icon_smile.gif

Now as far as the google search thing, I had an experience just today! It literally took me 50 minutes to find what I was looking for. I was using the advanced search button - my problem was the wording - I finally got it, but it was very aggravating. So, I feel the pain of those that have trouble searching - EVEN with google it was a real challenge!! icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%