Help! I Need A Nascar Cake...

Decorating By brianthecakeguy Updated 12 Mar 2010 , 10:25pm by in2cakes2

brianthecakeguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brianthecakeguy Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 7

HELP!!! I need to make a NASCAR cake for a friend of mine that races in the Nascar Nationwide Series. He knows cars too well to try and make it simple. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make one? He wants an exact replica of his car, and I'm not sure where to start! Im thinking a 3 layer 12" x 24" for the bottom and then carve it to look like one. Does anyone have any different ideas? Its a last minute thing and he needs it by friday! Thanks...

6 replies
in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 7

My family used to race the local tracks and when I met my dh we were both officials so I have done a few race car cakes. I'm not an expert and there maybe an easier way to do it but I take a 1:24th scale car that closely resembles the car I'm going to make and double all the measurements when carving. hth, if you have more questions just pm me and I'll help any way I can.

in2cakes2 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:40pm
post #3 of 7

Btw, I haven't been to slinger in a long time so hows it up there?

brianthecakeguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brianthecakeguy Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:31am
post #4 of 7

Thats a great idea! Thank you, I'm going to try that! Cakes are in the oven! Slinger is great, I love it here! Where are you from?

in2cakes2 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:52am
post #5 of 7

I grew up at Grundy in Il. and worked at Illiana also was on a crew at LaSalle for a while.

in2cakes2 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:02am
post #6 of 7

Oh, one thing make sure you use some sort of platform under the chassis so that it is not sitting on the "floor". I take cake boards and cut them to a rectangle shape about a 1/4 inch smaller than the chassis and stack about four or so together, wrap them in cling wrap and hot glue it to the final display board. Hope that makes sense.

in2cakes2 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 10:25pm
post #7 of 7

Well, how did it go? Any pictures yet?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%