Help Needed From Godaddy.com Web Hosting Users

Business By Marci Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 2:05am by Dreme

Marci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marci Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 6

I have moved my site from yahoo to godaddy and I am trying to build a new website using "Website Tonight" that godaddy recommends. Anyone out there using this app?

It seems pretty difficult to work with and I am looking for any pointers! Maybe Yahoo costs more because their software was easier to use.

I don't like how I can't just move stuff from the template around and rearrange things.

Any way, just looking for some advice or commiseration. Thanks!

marci

5 replies
LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 6

I use Go-daddy for my website. I found it kind of hard to work with at first, but I'm learning more and more as I go along. If you have questions, I'll certainly try to help if I can.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:52am
post #3 of 6

Yeah, I find it difficult to work with also. I just clicked around and cursed until I made it do what I wanted.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:19am
post #4 of 6

Godaddy is a big pain in the butt, but I have figure it out.
It was my mission to learn how to use it and I did!

Now It's a LOT easier that couple of years ago, but it's still confusing and very easy to mess up, just make sure every time you publish your page you save a backup.
You can always call customer service, they are very friendly and helpful.

What exactly are you having problems with?

Marci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marci Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 12:41am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the commiseration! I am just trying to put multiple photos on a page. I think I figured out a way to make it happen... it is just taking 10 times longer than it should.

Oh well, I will just continue to meddle through it. icon_smile.gif

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 2:05am
post #6 of 6

I had the godaddy website tonight. For what I wanted to do, it sucked. It couldn't customize it like I wanted to. I ended up cancelling the website tonight and going through squarespace. Cost money but it is worth it. Does the exact same thing as website tonight but ten times more customizable and cheaper. I got my site to look and work like I wanted, plus if you need any help someone will help you usually within 30 mins. Love squarespace.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%