Woodworking/golf/retirement Cake Ideas

Decorating By cashley Updated 10 Mar 2010 , 3:47am by cakesrock

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 2

HI I have been requested to do a retirement cake for 12 people. They want me to incorporate woodworking and golf and retirement. I know lots of wonderful people on this site have great ideas so would love to hear all your ideas. I have to have this cake for 2 weeks so would appreciate some help as my brain has not come up with anything as of yet.......

1 reply
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:47am
post #2 of 2

I am currently doing a retirement cake for a colleague and I was asked to incorporate shoes, travel and golf. I'm making it 3 tiered with each tier representing each item and the items are silhouettes I cut out with a cookie cutter. The first tier is golf balls and grass, the second airplanes and clouds and shoes on the 3rd. The topper is a gumpaste shoe. Then I have all 3 silhouettes on wire coming out on top. You could do something similar (saw /hammer sihouettes for woodworking and golf clubs or balls) . Then the topper could be a deck/lounging chair to signify retirement . 12 people is almost impossible. I usually don't do it for under 20 people. I would do a single layered 2 tier (6 and 8 inch X 2 inch). Maybe use pillars and have something in between (the lounging/deck chair). Please post photo after! Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%