Trying To Avoid Disaster!

Decorating By MammaOf10 Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 10:30pm by MammaOf10

MammaOf10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MammaOf10 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 5

I'll be making a 3-tiered/stacked wedding cake in about 2 weeks. It is supposed to be a butter cake with butter cream icing and caramel icing swirls in the butter cream. I'm planning on using a browned butter icing for the filling. Is it safe to use a Butter Flavor cake mix? Will it be heavy enough? Does anyone one have a great Butter cake recipe that will stand up under the weight of 3 tiers? This is for my sister-in-law and I want it to be perfect. TYIA

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 5

just add a box of pudding (dry, instant pudding mix) to each batch of cake mix cake, it will thicken up your batter and make for a nice dense and moist cake!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 5

that cake sounds delicious...and you just made me hungry for it... looks like i'm baking tonight. icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 5

"Will it be heavy enough? Does anyone one have a great Butter cake recipe that will stand up under the weight of 3 tiers? "

You do know that you have to use a support system, right? The cake doesn't have to "stand up under the weight of three tiers."

MammaOf10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MammaOf10 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you.

Leah_s, I feel like a dummy for even asking the question now. I've been getting all my materials together & organized, including the support system. The wedding is 8 hour from where we live and I'll baking in other people's ovens and taking all my "stuff" with me. I haven't done a wedding cake in about 6 years. I guess I'm just getting nervous & not thinking. icon_redface.gif

I've been considering baking it at home and then freezing it, but I'm concerned about it thawing on the trip. We'll be leaving on Tuesday night and the wedding isn't until Saturday. Any suggestions?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%