Filling A Cupcake

Baking By scratchdog Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 7:51pm by Lita829

scratchdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scratchdog Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 4:49am
post #1 of 14

Ok, I have never liked making cupcakes but I am getting interested. My question is how do you fill a cupcake?

13 replies
emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 5:05am
post #2 of 14

I agree. Filled cupcakes are very interesting. icon_smile.gif They are so yummy! I bought the Wilton cupcake decorating set (about $8 at Walmart) and it has the long tip (I think it's also called a bismark tip) in it. You bake the cupcakes as usual, poke the tip down in it and sqeeze your filling in. There are also recipes for oreos you bake in the bottom and bakeable fillings, but I have yet to try them.

sapphire314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sapphire314 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 14

Yup - use the tip that emlashlee wrote about! It's perfect. It might take a couple bursting at the top before you figure out exactly how much pressure and how long to squeeze your bag, but you'll get it.

Filled cupcakes are delicious and one of my specialties!

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 14

I use the Bismarck tip too (Tip #230) and it's great. Here's a link to it:

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?sku=402-230

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 14

The new thing i am going to try is using an apple corer to make the space for the filling... i didnt have much luck filling the solid cupcake ao i think this idea is great!

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 10:04pm
post #6 of 14

I don't have an apple corer so I used a spoon. It worked the same way.

lacie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacie Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 12:09am
post #7 of 14

i use one of the plastic cake support things from Wilton, like a big straw, to take out the middle of the cupcake. gives it a nice amount of filling and no exploding cupcakes.

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 1:30am
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire314

Yup - use the tip that emlashlee wrote about! It's perfect. It might take a couple bursting at the top before you figure out exactly how much pressure and how long to squeeze your bag, but you'll get it.

Filled cupcakes are delicious and one of my specialties!

Okay, you can't be a tease! icon_biggrin.gif Mind sharing some of your favorite fillings?

Mom23Angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom23Angels Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 1:43am
post #9 of 14

I use Melvira's cupcake filling:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2311/cupcake-filling

It's soooo good, it's a light and fluffy filling.

I don't have a bismarck tip so I just use a closed star tip. My cupcakes are pretty dense and moist but I have no problem shooting that filling right into them.

Now I think I have to go make some cupcakes...looks like an extra workout tomorrow icon_wink.gif

scratchdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scratchdog Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 3:48am
post #10 of 14

ok I have bought 2 cupcake books from amazon not quite what I was looking for. What is everyones favorite cupcake book?

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 3:55am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchdog

ok I have bought 2 cupcake books from amazon not quite what I was looking for. What is everyones favorite cupcake book?

I only have one exclusive cupcake book as of now, Martha Stewart's Cupcakes, and it is pretty good. I've only tried one recipe so far but from reading through it most of the recipes sound delish.

I also use the Bismark tip to fill.

shearpamela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shearpamela Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 12:44pm
post #12 of 14

I like Martha Stewart's and Hello Cupcake - both are very good IMO

dolceanita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolceanita Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 6:06pm
post #13 of 14

Can I freeze already filled cupcakes? I f i plan later to cover the cupcakes with fondant do you think the filling will bleed into it? Where do I find fillings recipes? Thank You....I am learning so much from all of you =)

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 7:51pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolceanita

Can I freeze already filled cupcakes? I f i plan later to cover the cupcakes with fondant do you think the filling will bleed into it? Where do I find fillings recipes? Thank You....I am learning so much from all of you =)

I find filling recipes all over the place...on the internet, in cook books, and I've even created a few.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%