Noah's Ark Cake For Twins Baby Shower

Decorating By SANZ Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 2:26am by LittleLinda

SANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SANZ Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 3:32am
post #1 of 5

Need to make a Noah's Ark Cake for a twins baby shower. Would like to do the center piece cake as "Noah's Ark" with 2 side sheet cakes. My problem is how do I go about making the Ark? I've never done a sculpted cake, so I'm really nervous. Can anyone suggest easy directions on how to go about this? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 10:40am
post #2 of 5

i was thinking about how id go about doing a boat cake on my morning walk actually. ive never done on, but i was thinking i would stack sheet cakes and carve them. when carving id prob do it upside down, and also id put a cake board cut to size with some dowel in the middle for a bit of extra support... have you had a look through the galleries for ideas? hth...

SANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SANZ Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 5

I've looked through the pictures but haven't found any that look easy. icon_smile.gif

I'm too afraid to sculpt a cake for fear it will turn out aweful. Don't they make a cake pan in the shape of a boat? I know that is the lazy way out but don't have enough confidence in myself for it.

Thanks for helping.

buttercup1016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercup1016 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 5

I just did an ark for my son's birthday. I used the Wilton football shaped pan and it made a perfect boat shape. Then just put a small square on top for the hut part and put the whole boat on top of a half-sheet.

I actually made the ark out of RKT only because my time was so limited that I had to make it several weeks in advance and I couldn't do that with real cake. But I'm sure it would work just perfectly with real cake (and would weigh a lot less too!)

You can get the football pans at just about any craft store or Walmart. HTH and good luck!! icon_smile.gif

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 2:26am
post #5 of 5

Stack three square cakes angled like a diamond (with a point on each end) and trim away the other points for the basic shape.
Use those points you trimmed off, cut a bit smaller to build up the center.
When you make animals two-by-two, don't forget two babies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%