How Do I Make The Baby Butt With Legs And Feet?

Decorating By VS8894 Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 3:48am by elvisb

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a link to a tutorial on how to do the baby butt with legs and feet?

Any help appreciated,

Vicki

7 replies
sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 8

I don't have a tutorial but (not pun intended) I have made a few of them. I make the bottom out of RKT to whatever proportion looks best for your cake. I cover the RKT in ganache and then flesh colored fondant. Then the diaper goes on. I like to make a ruffle around where the legs go. Depending on the size of the bottom, I use either RKT covered in fondant to make the legs and feet or all fondant. After the legs are attached (curl the legs and feet in close to the butt) and place on the toes. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Sheila

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 5:35am
post #4 of 8

thank you so much!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 7:02am
post #5 of 8

Your very welcome!

Sherena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherena Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 8

Just wanted to say that you guys makemy heart go pitter pat <3

Christy0722 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christy0722 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 7:12pm
post #7 of 8

I do a 10 inch round with a 6 inch layer for the "but". The legs and feet are made of fondant covered RKT and the toes are fondant. Dont forget to make the fondant a little thicker when covering RKT.....If not, the RKT shows through and looks really bumpy. HTH!

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 3:48am
post #8 of 8

I made one with almost al buttercream and it was easier than I thought it would be. The top was half of the Wilton 3D ball and the bottom can be any size as long as it's bigger than the ball half. Ice base in bc, ice ball in bc, set on top of base. I used a #12 tip to pipe the feet and a #8 to do toes. #104 tip to make ruffles on the butt. The only fondant piece of the whole cake is the blanket. Doesn't look quite as good as the fondant ones, but my friend loved it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%