Crazy Or Bad Idea?

Decorating By kickasscakes Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 3:40pm by kickasscakes

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 5:48am
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to create a clock cake, for a clock repair man.
I was actually thinking of somehow inserting a cake (all parts covered in modelling chocolate or RKT) that would be touching the cake, and just the face of the clock showing. I was going to build the cake around it somehow. Is this a cool or a BAD idea? Any feedback is appreciated!!

5 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 7:20am
post #2 of 6

I think you mean insert a clock into the cake? Like, cut a hole out of the cake and put a clock into it? I can't say whether or not that sounds cool and unique or a "bad" idea but I personally love the cool factor of things that look like they are real, but are made out of edible ingredients...so I would opt for designing the clock face out of an edible product.

Then again I've seen cakes with lights, sounds, spinning motors, smoke, whatever, and this would be no different. Might be kinda fun to have a cake that ticks and moves! Maybe you could set the alarm to go off for "Time to eat cake!" LOL icon_biggrin.gif

kickasscakes Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 6

Ya, I was kind of thinking a cake that has moving parts, would be cool. And, if they can do the lights, and stuff, why not a clock? Hmmmm....

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 6

Super cool idea! You can get clock kits at craft stores. If I recall correctly the workings are pretty small and would be easy to cut out a spot for it. Or even use a travel alarm clock, depending on what size you wanted.

kickasscakes Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 6

so I am thinkin!!!!

kickasscakes Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 6

Has anyone done this before?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%