I'm In The Need Of Help With A 3D Cake

Decorating By learningtodecorate Updated 6 Mar 2010 , 2:19am by tesso

learningtodecorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learningtodecorate Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 4

I'm in the process of tring to make a 3D beans and rice and cornbread cake for my graddad's birthday he love's beans and rice. I made a bowl, cup and spoon,out of fondant I'm tring to figure out what do I use in the place of rice. Please let me know if I'm even doing this right,because I have never done this before. After the fondant dry I wont to take some cake and crumbly it up at the bottom of the cake cover, with icing then I guess what ever someone suggest for the rice then the beans made out of fondant I guess, I dont even know where to start far as the cornbread, please someone help I dont have a clue to what I'm doing!!!!!!!!!!! I hope this is not a soon to be cake disaster. lol lol, Sorry one more thing he's from the South so I dont know what they drank 91 years ago, but maybe kool-aid, because he's not a big soda drinker, so how do I make something look like kool-aid, Just so you know he's about to be 91 years and was born and raised in the South, for about 40 years.

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 4

in the south I think they drink a lot of sweet iced tea!

For the rice I wonder if shredded coconut would work?

Have a look at the "sushi" cakes in the gallery and see what they used for the rice!

Edited to say, for teh cornbread what about just a hunk of yellow cake??? It looks just like cornbread

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:14am
post #3 of 4

I think piping strips of RI in the shape of rice and letting them harden would make great rice!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 2:19am
post #4 of 4

they/we would drink sweet iced tea or fresh squeezed lemon aid. as for the rice.. i too think piping out a whole lot of rice shaped ri would look great and very realistic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%