Rubber Stamping On Fondant For Cookies

Baking By impala Updated 6 Mar 2010 , 7:24pm by bonniebakes

impala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
impala Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 14

Hello Everyone have a question....I am doing wedding cookie favors for a friends daughter and they want something simple and elegant. She was thinking of a heart with the couples initial on it. At first I thought of just cutting the initial out and place on the fondant but wanted to know how to maybe stamp the fondant with a rubber stamp. Does anyone have experience in this or the best way to do it. Thank you everyone for your help in advance.

13 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 14

search the forums, i recall there being a couple long threads on the food safety-ness of different stamps

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 14

you could try making a stencil....

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 14

I use stencils from stencilease.com, they can do any size and combination of initials or monograms. See my pics for a bunch of different wedding cookie favors using the stencil

bonniebakes Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:54pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakesnj

I use stencils from stencilease.com, they can do any size and combination of initials or monograms. See my pics for a bunch of different wedding cookie favors using the stencil

do you mean that you order custom stencils from them?

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 8:08pm
post #7 of 14

I did just what you suggest for my super bowl cookies. I had a fleur de lisse ? stamp and put a little gold lustre dust in a cottage cheese lid and dipped the stamp in that and then on the fondant which I had cut and put on the cookies right out of the oven. I think they turned out great! You can look at my pics.
Whoops!! I guess I didn't get those posted and so far am still searching. Can't find where I put them in the computer. Hate it when that happens.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 8:16pm
post #8 of 14

yes, sweetstampen.com has food safe stamps.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 9:00pm
post #9 of 14

yes, bonniebakes, I order custom cut stencils from them. Their custom order dept is great, they really work with you. I tell them the monogram or initials I want, the size of the cookie cutter and together we figure out the size, and then I pick the font. I usually have them in less than a week and they are reasonably priced. The wedding cake cookies, and the black and white cookies in my pics were done with their stencils. HTH

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 9:03pm
post #10 of 14

Found the pics in the camera site. Hadn't moved them to my files.
LL

impala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
impala Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 9:06pm
post #11 of 14

Wow I never realized a rubber stamp for not be food safe. i am so glad I decided to ask this question. I also have seen the clear stamps used on fondant so those are food safe. Will have to look at that selection then. Thanks for your help on this.

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 9:11pm
post #12 of 14

Pretty cookies, dynee.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 10:44am
post #13 of 14

Pattycakesnj - Thanks for the information on ordering custom stencils. Much appreciated! icon_smile.gif

bonniebakes Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 7:24pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

Pattycakesnj - Thanks for the information on ordering custom stencils. Much appreciated! icon_smile.gif

yes! thank you!! that's wonderful information!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%