Does Anyone Have Business Partners?

Business By cakesweetiecake Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 9:44pm by mightydragon663

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 8

Do any of you own your business with anyone else? If so, how has the experience been? How are your duties divided? In other words, do you both share all of the duties or does one partner focus a specific aspect of the business?

7 replies
surgery2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surgery2 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 8

I have a partner, but he just supplies money, nothing else. I run the show and he just tags along with a billfold , if needed.

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 8

Wow! Nice! icon_biggrin.gif

juniecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juniecakes Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 8

Sounds like my husband icon_lol.gif

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniecakes

Sounds like my husband icon_lol.gif

lol

surgery2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surgery2 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 8

LOL, arent they wonderful!

Christy0722 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christy0722 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 8

I'm just starting my business....Got my LLC last week. I do have a partner and we've been researching and planning for 3 years and have finally decided to take the plunge. We sat down and evaluated each other's strong and weak points. We are learning from each other and have divided the work according to our strengths. One advantage to our relationship is that we made it through nursing school together (3 years) and also worked side by side for 4 years. We know each other very well. I wouldn't go into business with anyone else.
Her strong points are my weak ones and vice versa. I prefer fondant work...she prefers buttercream....etc. We are teaching each other so we both become strong.

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 9:44pm
post #8 of 8

I've had a business partner for 10 years. Though not in cakes, some of the same things will apply.
First, remember that this is someone you are going to be spending a lot of time with and you want to be sure that you get along. Don't enter a partnership blindly.
Second, put everything in writing!!!!!!! and I do mean everything.
Thirdly, talk to your partner regularly! When there is no communication, it is easy for our minds to fill in the blanks and often, we fill them in incorrectly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%