Anniversary Present, For Me. For Me!

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 8:39am by monet1895

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:57am
post #1 of 6

(As I have the Very Merry Unbirthday tune in my head)

Well, my anniversary is Sat & dh asked today what I wanted. Oh, the joy that come when I realize how much thought he's put into it! Anyway, of course I said cake stuff, but when I think about it I only have a few big things I'd ask for, but our budget is a little tighter b/c we got hit hard w/ taxes & dh just opened a new business.

My 2 big things I'm wanting are a Grex airbrush & a Cricut (but not sure which one!). Both are over $100 & we're wanting to keep it under that---the more the better. I have plenty of dusts & the basics (been doing it for almost 8 yrs as a hobby now) & Sugarshack's Buttercream & Fondant dvds. I've now gotten the ok to bake from home & will be taking final steps in the next few months. So, what might I need that I may not be thinking about? Or any "toys" you can't live w/out

Thanks in advance for the ideas

5 replies
jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 1:07pm
post #2 of 6

Clay extruder?

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 6

I really want a printer with edible image ink and icing sheets...i would use it a ton ! After that I think the cricut would be a great purchase

cakesage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesage Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:15pm
post #4 of 6

Kitchenaid pasta roller attachment to roll out fondant. It is less than $100, somewhere in the range of $59.99-69.99. I can't wait to get one myself.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:08am
post #5 of 6

I have a clay extruder already & my KA is about to bite the dust. I hate it but that's another soap box. After mulling over it today & seeing a post tonight I think I'm going to ask for one of Sugar Shack's dvd's that I don't have (either the Topsy Turvy, Boxes & Bows or the new Sheet cakes).

I'm really wanting a new handbag I saw in Self magazine, but almost $1000 is waaaayyyy over budget. Why do they put those kind of things in those mags anyway?

Well, I'll let you know if I get what I want, but I"m not holding my breath!

monet1895 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monet1895 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 8:39am
post #6 of 6

Cakesage, what size pieces of fondant can you roll out w/ that attachment? I'll have to look into that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%