Delivery & Flavor/filling???

Decorating By jillangeles Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 12:53am by jillangeles

jillangeles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangeles Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 3

I am not getting paid for this and she knows that this is my first cake for someone else. She has told me not to worry if it does not come out perfect but I want to (obviously) make it the best I can. This is for my friends daughter who is turning 14. It is a very simple cake so I am not worried about the design but I wanted to ask...what do you usually put your cake on to deliver it?

Is a peice of wood covered with something (foil, paper) ok?

Also I am trying to get some opinions on what type cake and filling combination... icon_rolleyes.gif

so what do you think would be good for teens and adults to share?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

2 replies
deah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deah Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 4:33pm
post #2 of 3

Your cake board will change depending on the weight of the cake. Just your normal cake will be fine on a cake board (cardboard or foam core circle, square, etc) covered with something like Wilton Fanci Foil. Please do not use aluminum foil, it doesn't look professional. Some use coordinating wrapping paper and then cover with contact paper. Just make sure everything that touches the cake is food safe.

If you cake is heavier you may want to use MDF or a cake drum. Sometimes you can triple the cakeboard and be fine. Just need to make sure the board won't bend when you pick up the cake.

Recipes - check out the recipe section here. White Almond Sour Cream (WASC) or one of the variations of that recipe are always a hit. Fillings can be found in the recipes section also.

Good luck!

jillangeles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangeles Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 12:53am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the tips. For some reason I did not get a notice that there was a response. I appreciate it.

I am in a location that does not have very many cake decorating supplies and I did not have time to order something to put the cake on. I ended up using wood and covering it with plain foil. I did not have a cake board big enough and I thought about using wrapping paper but I did not think it was safe to put the cake directly on it. Contact papr...thats a good one I will have to remember.

It was not the ideal solution but it was what i had to work with. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%