Fondant On Fondant Layering Question

Decorating By kissylips Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 6:37pm by jayne1873

kissylips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kissylips Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 8

For this cake are the green and pink fondant wrapped only around the sides leaving the top open, then the white is laid on top OR is the entire cake covered in green/pink as normal, then the white laid on top? I love this look and am trying it tonight for the first time.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1231436

7 replies
kissylips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kissylips Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 8

If anyone knows this answer, I would love you forever to share with me on this type of design. icon_biggrin.gif

MrsPound Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsPound Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 8

i dont think i am understanding what you are asking... it appears to be green fondant on the bottom, then topped with white fondant. looks the same for the pink. then the embelleshments glued on or so.

i was just looking that the white casts a shadow on the colored fondant.

try PM her. maybe she will share icon_smile.gif

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:01am
post #4 of 8

I think you could do it either way, but it would seem easier just to cover the whole cake in pink/green and then put the white over the top.

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:33am
post #5 of 8

^ that is what I was thinking too!

EvArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvArt Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 7:03pm
post #6 of 8

I'm brand new to the site and brand new to fondant. But after looking at the sample cake it clearly shows that the white is drapped OVER the green. That's why the white is casting a shadow. Good Luck!

Jack031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jack031 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:06pm
post #7 of 8

From the picture what they did was first covered the cake in the green/pink fondant then just took another piece of white fondant put it on top of the cake then cut out the curve design using a knife....

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:37pm
post #8 of 8

I havent tried this but have read on here somewhere you cover the cake in green/pink then using the tin that you baked the cake in as a guide cut round it but larger and swirled then place this over the top of the cake. Hope that makes sense

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%