"cake On Board" Magnets?

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 3:27pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 19

Hi guys,

I need to get a "bumper sticker" like magnet for the car to use when transporting cakes... Does anyone know where online i can order one <it can be a pre-made one or i can design one out.

I have done some searching online and so far most places i have found want you to order large quantities... i need like only 1 or maybe 2. Any suggestions on vendors is appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

18 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 19

vista print will let you design your own car door magnet and depending on when you visit their site you can get it for free if you pay shipping!

CiNoRi Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 19

I looked there but they only have the larger square magnets... and you need to order larger quantiites... Booo!

i was hoping to have a bumper sticker size more like 3" x 11" ish to fit on the back of the car.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNoRi

I looked there but they only have the larger square magnets... and you need to order larger quantiites... Booo!

i was hoping to have a bumper sticker size more like 3" x 11" ish to fit on the back of the car.

I'd think you want something that's big and easy to read...I ordered from Vistprint also and love my magnet!

KHalstead Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 19

you don't have to order more than 1!

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/studio3.aspx?pf_id=052&combo_id=72670&free_studio_gallery=true&referer=http%3a%2f%2fwww.vistaprint.com%2fvp%2fns%2fdefault.aspx%3fxnav%3dwelcomeback%26xnid%3dremovecookies%26rd%3d2&rd=2

Here is the link for a free car door magnet.........if you want to choose from more designs, you can pay $4.99 which is still really cheap....and they have a cool one under "food" that has a 2 tiered cake and is blue and browns, really cute.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:42pm
post #6 of 19

That's the one I have! icon_wink.gif

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 5:43pm
post #7 of 19

I want to get one too! Thanks for the info KHalstead!

AuntAndrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntAndrea Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:29pm
post #8 of 19

Yeah, that's the same one I got from Vistaprint, and I love it! icon_smile.gif

And the square one is much easier to read than the small bumper-sticker sized one would be. (Frankly, the older I get, the harder those tiny things are to understand!! icon_eek.gif )

Good luck!
...Andrea

CiNoRi Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:40pm
post #9 of 19

I don't need a business promoting one yet, just something to warn people that im gonna be driving slower/ make frequent stops/ slow turns etc .

I have an SUV so just something to put on the back for when I have to travel with a cake. ...Eventually ill get something with the business name and such - still working that all out. icon_wink.gif

Thanky!

KHalstead Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:40pm
post #10 of 19

I think I'm gonna get one too.............I like the blue/brown one with the 3 tiered cake on it.......I'm gonna put "Wedding Cake Delivery In Progress... Thank you for your Patience"

CiNoRi Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:43pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I think I'm gonna get one too.............I like the blue/brown one with the 3 tiered cake on it.......I'm gonna put "Wedding Cake Delivery In Progress... Thank you for your Patience"

Thats true i guess i didnt think of it like that! ...that is a cute one icon_wink.gif

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:46pm
post #12 of 19

I have that blue and brown one too from vista print. Mine just says Cake delivery in progress. I LOVE it. I even had business cards and a website to match. Even though I 'm not professional or anything. I just made the site for family and friends to keep up with my cakes and the cards for anyone wanting my phone number to make a cake.

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:50pm
post #13 of 19

KHalstead, I like that message!

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:07pm
post #14 of 19

At earlenes cakes dot com, in her online store, you can find a magnetic sign warning of a cake in delivery. It is quite eye catching and you don't have to get too close to understand the message.

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:17pm
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNoRi

Make sure you are looking at "car door magnets" not "Large magnets" (I did that took me awhile to figure that duh!) Car magnets are single, the others aren't...

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:00am
post #16 of 19

Wasn't there a gal here that designed a really cute sign for cars for delivery? It had a turtle carrying a cake?

Yep, here...http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1422817.html

I thought she was selling them at one point, but I'm not 100% sure.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:38am
post #17 of 19

Make sure that it's really big and easy to read...One guy I know said that the only time anyone ever hit him during a delivery was when he had the sign on the car. She said that she was trying to read it!

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:01am
post #18 of 19

That is the sign I was referring to in my earlier post. It is Earlene's web site and yes, she is still selling them. I think it sells for around $27.00.

CiNoRi Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:27pm
post #19 of 19

you know what... i was looking at the larger ones!
Thanks guys!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%