post #32 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Spitting in public? Where do they aim?

Anywhere!

MelissaAnn84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaAnn84 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 10:20pm
post #33 of 49

I had someone cut in line the other day..... in a freakin' drive through! now thats rude! it took every fiber of my being to not get out of my car and pummle this guy!

I was in the Tim Hortons drive through line that was about 10 cars deep, and the guy in front of me was blocking the parking lot driveway, so when he moved up, i didnt and waved the guy through, so he could pass through the parking lot, and what does he do?? Jumps in line! i was furious, and i think the only thing that held me back was the fact that i had one of my daughters in the car! im sure the few cars behind me were mad too!

People eh!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 10:21pm
post #34 of 49

MelissaAnn84 are you making cake with your feet!? Sorry I know way off topic , but Your avatar just knocked me for a loop.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 10:30pm
post #35 of 49

I have a day care and I have always required that the children use please, thank you, excuse me, may I......and it amazes some of their parents that they use and KNOW what these words are.

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 11:05pm
post #36 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowCoolGomo1

When did it happen that no one has them!

Last weekend, while limping some woman kicked and stepped on my casted foot. She told me to get out of her way.

A little later I watched some woman swing her packages around and hit a little kid. She didn't say I'm sorry.

When did this behaviour become OK.

Wait. Some lady kicked your CASTED foot and told you to get out of her way???!!!?? icon_surprised.gif
Wow.

MelissaAnn84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaAnn84 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 11:42pm
post #37 of 49

lol. no, my (2 year old) daughter got into the flour one day and i couldnt resist getting a few pictures!

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:45am
post #38 of 49

well i hate it when people walk super slowly through the middle of the shpops.. like they are just strpolling along.. then stop RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE to chat to their friends or have a look at a display. p-lease.. if you are walking slowly, walk to the side.. much like when you are driving.. stick the side if your gonna go slow.. k? thanks. otherwise, i have a pram, and i will use it!

case in point. some lady in a shop i was looking through, she worked there and was stocking shelves; fine by me; ive worked retail know the deal. anyway, she was sitting down (maybe tired?! i dont know) and blocking half the aisle.. i had a pram.. couldnt get throught for the life of me. after several polite "excuse me's"
and no response.. not even a look i just barged her with my pram. ran over her hand and she gave me the filthiest look i had ever seen. sorry love; i can only be polite for so long. get out of lala land when your at work hun.

BUT on the subject of whingy kids. i feel for them. my boy is usually very good at the shops but on his off days hes a terror. screams and squirms etc. and as a mum you feel so bloody helpless. im always fully aware that people are getting cranky.. but theres not much that you can do! so i always give them the benifit of the doubt and be nice to the poor mums. unless you can see that the child is obviously just a spoilt brat.. yea.. no sympathy there.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 11:06am
post #39 of 49

[quote="noahsmummy"]well i hate it when people walk super slowly through the middle of the shpops.. like they are just strpolling along.. then stop RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE to chat to their friends or have a look at a display. p-lease.. if you are walking slowly, walk to the side.. much like when you are driving.. stick the side if your gonna go slow.. k? thanks. otherwise, i have a pram, and i will use it!

case in point. some lady in a shop i was looking through, she worked there and was stocking shelves; fine by me; ive worked retail know the deal. anyway, she was sitting down (maybe tired?! i dont know) and blocking half the aisle.. i had a pram.. couldnt get throught for the life of me. after several polite "excuse me's"
and no response.. not even a look i just barged her with my pram. ran over her hand and she gave me the filthiest look i had ever seen. sorry love; i can only be polite for so long. get out of lala land when your at work hun.

BUT on the subject of whingy kids. i feel for them. my boy is usually very good at the shops but on his off days hes a terror. screams and squirms etc. and as a mum you feel so bloody helpless. im always fully aware that people are getting cranky.. but theres not much that you can do! so i always give them the benifit of the doubt and be nice to the poor mums. unless you can see that the child is obviously just a spoilt brat..
The screamer that i spoke about was just trying to get *something* and altho only 10 inches from its mother - she seemed totally unaware that he was behaving as he was - lol - iT WAS EITHER ME TURN AND LOOK OR DRIVE HOME WITH A PERFERATED EAR DRUM - icon_wink.gif And blood dripping onto my white shirt in 40C heat wouldn't have put me in a very *i am a happy shoppper* mood - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
..[/
quote]

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 11:32am
post #40 of 49

lol, yea, well like i say my pity is only directed at those who you can see are having a bad day.. or the mums with the pained expressions trying desperatly to get there kids to behave.

ive never been a fan of soilt children.. or the heat.. so id be rather cranky myself if i were you.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 9:52pm
post #41 of 49

im told why parents dont respond to their darling banshee terrors is because they dont want to give their bad behaviour attention, therefore the darling sprog thinks its a good thing and repeats - not saying its a good thing but there has to be something in it for all these parents to be looking dumb while their child goes super-sonic

my sisters children are in their late 20's now and she rarely took them shopping with her - there was always me or a nanna to offload them to so she got to shop in peace and the boys were relaxed and having fun elsewhere. my best friend has a bad habit of dragging her only daughter to everything and she has such a busy day some days no wonder hannah (or the anti-christ as my hubby calls her) goes nuts some days. plus then my best friends does this couselling thing of saying "use your words darling" to her that sets her off even more

as a non breeder - i make an excellent judgemental parent icon_biggrin.gif

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 12:10am
post #42 of 49

Hey Guys
What really infuriates me is when i'm trying to instill manners in my 5 year old and say something like 'hold the door open for that lady/gentleman' and he does with a smile and they just walk on by without so much as a thank you - i swear one of these days i'm gonna go to jail but for now i'll continue to shout very loudly at them 'you're welcome!'

Manners cost nothing!

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 1:52am
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknelliesmum

Hey Guys
What really infuriates me is when i'm trying to instill manners in my 5 year old and say something like 'hold the door open for that lady/gentleman' and he does with a smile and they just walk on by without so much as a thank you - i swear one of these days i'm gonna go to jail but for now i'll continue to shout very loudly at them 'you're welcome!'

Manners cost nothing!

Actually they do!

I would love to say you're welcome...Unfortuanately, no one has been told that saying thank you, gets you're welcome.

It's definitely, all have a good day!

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:47am
post #44 of 49
Quote:

Hey Guys

Manners cost nothing!

Actually they do.

I would love to say your welcome.

My Dad would say it if he couldn't quit opening doors for everyone.

Personally, I can't remember when I said you're welcome. I do remember that I said thank you, constantly.

marknelliesmum Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 10:48am
post #45 of 49

I'm confused . . . or maybe just thick icon_confused.gif

HowCoolGomo1 said:

Quote:
Quote:

Actually they do!

I would love to say you're welcome...Unfortuanately, no one has been told that saying thank you, gets you're welcome.

It's definitely, all have a good day!

then

Quote:
Quote:

Actually they do.

I would love to say your welcome.

My Dad would say it if he couldn't quit opening doors for everyone.

Personally, I can't remember when I said you're welcome. I do remember that I said thank you, constantly.

Not sure if i'm getting hold of the wrong end of the stick (that never happens on cc icon_twisted.gif ) but it costs nothing but a second of your time to say thank you. As for saying you're welcome to the 'offenders' icon_evil.gif I say it in the hope that they think to themselves 'why is she saying you're welcome - I didn't say thank you to her. . . ' Ah the penny droppeth tapedshut.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:12pm
post #46 of 49

I say 'you're welcome' too. Just as though they said 'thank you'.
I figure the penny might drop for them, and the kids will think the person said 'thank you'.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 9:43pm
post #47 of 49

I certainly wasn't very clear on the your welcome part.

I apologize.

What I was trying to get across, is I rarely get to say 'you're welcome' after someone has said thank you, because I rarely hear 'thank you' from anyone. I end up saying thank you to people who just took my money and they aren't even saying 'Have a nice day!'.

marknelliesmum Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 11:15pm
post #48 of 49

LOL in that case why don't you join our gang and say thank you to them regardless in the hope that it'll eventually dawn on them how rude they are icon_wink.gif As for the 'Have a nice day' that just isn't said over here in the UK unless someone is being sarcastic or trying to wind someone up (maybe that's just me icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif )
x

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 12:06am
post #49 of 49
Quote:

LOL in that case why don't you join our gang and say thank you to them regardless in the hope that it'll eventually dawn on them how rude they are icon_wink.gif As for the 'Have a nice day' that just isn't said over here in the UK unless someone is being sarcastic or trying to wind someone up(maybe that's just me icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif )
x

Because it doesn't work that way on our side of the pond. I say thank you; then I get a look. They don't have a clue here. They are told to ask did you find everything and have a nice day.

I say thank you. An old boyfriend told me I said it too much. I think he was wrong. Now I would love to say 'you're welcome'.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%