Caramel Or Pink Champange Cake

Baking By msnrozier Updated 9 Apr 2010 , 12:30am by HobbyCaker

msnrozier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msnrozier Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 12:46am
post #1 of 11

I am looking for these two recipes! I have googled them but wanted to come to my fav site to see if any of you make these?

I think the caramel cake is a down south thing, so if you can help me with your recipe, I'd like that.

Also the pink champange cake, a description of how it should taste. Can you taste a hint of the champange?

TIA

10 replies
Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 11

I have recently made a pink champagne cake and I do not drink so it sicked me out the whole time that I made it....I do not remember the exact recipe and where I got it, but go to recipes.com and search it and they should have a good one!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 11

i too am curious about the pink champagne cake-so ill be waiting with ya!
never heard of carmel cake. sounds good though.
im wondering how pink champagne cake should taste, as i too dont drink. so i wouldnt want it to over power in alcohol taste.

Kandy4283 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 11

oh the smell of the alcohol was very overwhelming for me.....yuck!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:33pm
post #5 of 11

did it have a strong taste. i dont mind the taste it its mild. ive never been a fan of champagne.
i also dont like wine, but i love to cook with it and dont mind the taste in my sauces.

Kandy4283 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:49am
post #6 of 11

I did not taste the cake, so I am not sure what it tasted like....I don't think I can pull myself to eat it....lol.

And the wine situation, I LOVE cooking with wine too and hate to drink it! lol

pastryqueen9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryqueen9 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 11:29pm
post #7 of 11

I too will be awaiting a reply on this thread...I have gotten 2 requests for pink champagne cake in the past but have turned them down because I didn't have a recipe. It would be great to hear what people think of the taste etc. My grandmother use to make caramel cakes...sorry I don't have a recipe to share with you, she now has Alzheimer's and I'm sure she wouldn't be able to recall the recipe.

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 11:22pm
post #8 of 11

I have an upcoming order for pink champagne cake. Just replace the liquid in the recipe with the pink champagne.

Roxybc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roxybc Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 12:02am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLisa

I have an upcoming order for pink champagne cake. Just replace the liquid in the recipe with the pink champagne.

PinkLisa, would you mind sharing your recipe? Also, what do/should the cupcakes taste like? What icing did you use that compliments the flavor nicely? Pink champagne is hugely popular here in the UK, so I've been wanting to make pink champagne cupcakes. Do you tint the batter pink at all, or does the champagne do that for you?

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 12:10am
post #10 of 11

I'm a scratch baker but if you use box mixes, just replace the liquid with the champagne (starting with a white box mix). The cake does not taste like alcohol (that bakes out) but like the flavor of the champage (which is typically a bit sweet). A white chocolate mousse icing would go well or just a vanilla buttercream. I add a bit of pink coloring to give it a pale pink color. It's a great wedding flavor.

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 12:30am
post #11 of 11

I too am interested in these flavors. Found this in the recipe forum,

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6939/pink-champagne

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%