Airbrush Kit

Decorating By 1elisamarie1 Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 8:10pm by 1elisamarie1

1elisamarie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1elisamarie1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 12:16am
post #1 of 14

I am wanting to buy an airbrush decorating system and wanted to know what was the best to buy??...... any help would great!!!!!!!!!!

13 replies
tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 14

I love my kopykake airmaster.It has an adjustable compressor so I can control the air flow.It has been wonderful,I use it all the time.

bakingshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingshell Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 14

I actually just bought a small machine from EBAY and some actually come with a few colors. you might wanna try there as well. Not sure if you want a big machine or something small.
I love mine

sgraff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgraff Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenleysmommy

I love my kopykake airmaster.It has an adjustable compressor so I can control the air flow.It has been wonderful,I use it all the time.

DH got this for me for Christmas. I love it!

1elisamarie1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 14

great! thank you! I will look into that one, I want somthing simple but that also works great. heres the one I was looking at and it comes with 12 bottles of americolor http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/ABDkitCake60.html anyone own one of these or herd of the brand?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 10:01pm
post #6 of 14

If you're wanting to do any fine detail work that one only has a broad spray pattern.

1elisamarie1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 10:12pm
post #7 of 14

ok great, thank you I guess that one is out.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 10:31pm
post #8 of 14

I have the master g22 airbrush and the tc-2o compressor from the same company and I like it

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:43pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeandpartygirl

I have the master g22 airbrush and the tc-2o compressor from the same company and I like it

I meant from tcp global

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:52pm
post #10 of 14

I'm interested in an airbrush as well, but am concerned about the color getting EVERYWHERE! Do you guys use a booth or a separate room? How do you keep from coloring everything? TIA!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:58pm
post #11 of 14

DH built a spray booth and it works wonerfully. Earlene Moore has instructions for a protable one on her website. Mine isn't portable and I leave it set up in a room in the basement (whici is very convenient).

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:59pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengyrl26

I'm interested in an airbrush as well, but am concerned about the color getting EVERYWHERE! Do you guys use a booth or a separate room? How do you keep from coloring everything? TIA!

I use a trifold poster board and works well.Until you blow your nose later icon_lol.gif Yes the color will get EVERYWHERE!Here is a link to Earlenes airbrush cabinet.
http://www.earlenescakes.com/AirbrushCabInst.html

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 5:00pm
post #13 of 14

you could try using one of those 3-fold foam boards, that most kids use for school projects.
the other day i used one of the wilton spray cans to spray my cake and forgot to put the board up---ugh i got blue paint spatter everywhere.
its funny now hehe

1elisamarie1 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:10pm
post #14 of 14

I use a trifold poster board and works well.Until you blow your nose later icon_lol.gif Yes the color will get EVERYWHERE!Here is a link to Earlenes airbrush cabinet.
http://www.earlenescakes.com/AirbrushCabInst.html[/quote]

thanks for this link! this is awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%