Which cricut do you have?

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:29am
post #62 of 137

personal 6x12

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:37am
post #63 of 137

How thick are you rolling your fondant? By hand, with a sheeter, or a pasta roller?

Galler Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:38am
post #64 of 137

by hand, I can get it to work but I have to roll it pretty darn thin, to thin

Thanks

JenniferAtwood Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:42am
post #65 of 137

Do you have any photos? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to see what the problem is? It should be rolled to about .75 mm not including the mat.

Galler Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:47am
post #66 of 137

Thanks for answering all the questions...I will take some photos and post...right now I have to go take care of a hungry baby.

Thanks again

JenniferAtwood Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:57am
post #67 of 137

Galler,
If you want to PM me I would be glad to help you trouble shoot when you have time.

Jennifer

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 1:11pm
post #68 of 137

Keep posting on this thread ladies (and gentlemen), I am learning so much from every post ! Jennifer - I really look forward to your and Tobias's posts...always so informative - I love your blog ! Thanks icon_smile.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:39pm
post #69 of 137

Galler, have you tried raising the pressure?

CakeMommyTX Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:40pm
post #70 of 137

Has anyone that I sent the files to had a chance to try them out? I'm curious if they work for everyone else?

ladycake17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycake17 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:01pm
post #71 of 137

I just got my cricut expression and I can't wait to get started. I would love to have the files also! Can you tell me how thick to roll my MMF? Thanks in advance! My email is [email protected]

CakeMommyTX Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:05pm
post #72 of 137

I roll mine on a 2 on the pasta machine, it's the second to thinnest setting.

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:09pm
post #73 of 137

CakeMommyTX....would you mind sending me some of your files? I'd love to try them! email: [email protected]

Thanks!

Galler Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:48pm
post #74 of 137

Ok CakeMommyTX I went out and got a cheap pasta roller and now I am good. Apparently I was making it to thick...duh!

Thanks for trying to help me!

BTW could you send me the files as well: raybelleau @ aol. com

t4beatles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
t4beatles Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 5:49pm
post #75 of 137

I purchased my Cricut on the way home last night!! Along with the deep housing & blade. icon_smile.gif

May I get any files you have too - Cakemommy and anyone else who may be willing to share: [email protected]

Thank you so much! I am so excited I found this website!!

icon_smile.gif Trish

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:10pm
post #76 of 137

Has anyone had trouble getting their cricut to connect to the computer? I have tried and tried to no avail but it just wont load into my computer. Always says no driver found, even after downloading design studio trialware.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:12pm
post #77 of 137

Mine went through a download and install phase with Make The Cut but I don't know anything about design studio.

CakeMommyTX Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:36pm
post #78 of 137

I read somewhere that you need to download the demo first and then the full version.

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 9:34pm
post #79 of 137

im tring to make a lace cake, anyone have any lace svgs?

jojo0676 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojo0676 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 9:42pm
post #80 of 137

Maude,

You probably need to download the driver and/or update your cricut software. I'm not sure how to do this through Design Studio though as I only have MTC.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

CakeMommyTX Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 9:50pm
post #81 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla1505

what kind of lace,I have 2 so far, I can make you one if you need it.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 9:58pm
post #82 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

Has anyone that I sent the files to had a chance to try them out? I'm curious if they work for everyone else?

I received them (THANK YOU!!!) but have done anything with them, yet. Haven't even had a chance to attempt to open them, though I don't have the software, yet. After I finish my nephew's cake this weekend, I'll download both softwares' trials so I can open and play around with them. Won't have the Cricut until May, but I can at least start building and organizing a library!!

kayla1505 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 10:02pm
post #83 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

Quote:

what kind of lace,I have 2 so far, I can make you one if you need it.

anykind, Ive been looking for images in google but all I find are picture of actual lace.

thank you so much

I'll pm you my email address

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 12:37am
post #84 of 137

What is Make the Cut? I purchased SCAL and can't even use it because the darn cricut won't connect to the computer.

kayla1505 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 12:51am
post #85 of 137

Make the Cut is another software like SCAl.

Did you undate your cricut? sometimes you have to update it for it to work with you comp.

kayla1505 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:53am
post #86 of 137

lol not undate, I meant update

Jaime3679 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaime3679 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:42am
post #87 of 137

I would love a copy of the svgs and files you have found, Cakemommytx. My email address is [email protected]

kayla1505 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:50am
post #88 of 137

I have over 18 folders filled with svgs I've saved. Ill be happy to share but you gotta be more specific on what kind of files, cuz it would take me hours to send them all

jleigh982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jleigh982 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:32am
post #89 of 137

just an FYI... went to joanns fabric because i was going to get the "personal" cricut but found that it was no longer on sale and was priced at $200 and the EXPRESSIONS WAS 40% OFF!!!! so yeah, i ended up getting it lol so that i can do more at one time icon_biggrin.gif after the expressions and the deep cut housing (which comes with extra needle) my total was 265!
just in case anyone is interested I am in the frederick, MD area and it was the joanns off of 40 by kmart, and the sale is until the end of the week!

jleigh982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jleigh982 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:43am
post #90 of 137
Quote:

I have over 18 folders filled with svgs I've saved. Ill be happy to share but you gotta be more specific on what kind of files, cuz it would take me hours to send them all

kayla i would love some of your files if you wouldnt mind sharing icon_biggrin.gif and anyone else who would like to "share the wealth" for that matter lol my email is [email protected]. most of my cakes are for kids (disney, animals, princess, superheros) i have a cake for a college student going away to a semester at sea, so any travel stuff, ohhh and weddings! i've been asked by my baby sister to do her engagement AND wedding cake within the next few months and i must be honest, I'm terrified so anything will help!

Ill also be getting a personal cricut anyway to use with paper as i am a BIG scrapbooker as well so anything you think would look cute with that

anything anyone would like to send is greatly appreciated! I CANT WAIT TO GET STARTED!!! i feel like a little kid on christmas morning who just got a new toy but my parents forgot to buy batteries hahaha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%