This Is The Weirdest Request I've Had So Far

Baking By TotallyBaked Updated 31 May 2011 , 1:24am by cownsj

barico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barico Posted 24 May 2011 , 10:11pm
post #31 of 34

Unbelievable! I strongly believe in the karma thing and letting God do His work...especially if you are both in the same city and if she has the "in" with the media, you certainly wouldn't want whatever power she seems to think she has to turn everything around and then hurt your own business. Good luck. Keep us posted!

nyqteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nyqteach Posted 25 May 2011 , 1:05am
post #32 of 34

I am appalled for you. I'd contact the publisher/editor... seriously, that's not right! and they take that stuff seriously!

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 30 May 2011 , 2:52pm
post #33 of 34

It really irks me that just because she "purchased" your cupcakes, that she somehow feels entitled and that they are "hers" to use in whatever fashion she wants. Shady. I`m not a lawyer but I think if you went the legal route, you`d have proof in your emails that she made no mention of using them for book rights, where she will profit from the work you did- albeit without discussing a contract with her.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 31 May 2011 , 1:24am
post #34 of 34

I would contact the publisher. They may want to find out that there is an infringement of possible copywrite laws. Maybe they will have you sign a release........ in exchange of course for recognition, money, whatever....

"Somebody infringed my copyright. What can I do?
A party may seek to protect his or her copyrights against unauthorized use by filing a civil lawsuit in federal district court. If you believe that your copyright has been infringed, consult an attorney. In cases of willful infringement for profit, the U.S. Attorney may initiate a criminal investigation."
from.... http:/ /www. copyright.gov /help/faq /faq-fairuse.html

(take out the spaces)

If this is being done illegally, you have every right to stand up for yourself, and at the same time, you may be protecting the next victim from having this happen to them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%