18Th Birthday Cake - Male

Decorating By halleyec Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 3:24pm by Jack031

halleyec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
halleyec Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 9:28am
post #1 of 9

Please help asap

Im needing some ideas for a 18th birthday cake for a male.
All i can thing of is an 18

Please help with some suggestions you creative ones!!!!!

Cheers

8 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 10:04am
post #3 of 9

boobs, lol. thats always a hit with males and is very easy. what does he like? and where do you live? in aus 18 is legal drinking age, if its the same where you are you could maybe do a beer cake or something? does he like cars? you could do a sports car type thing maybe? is he a tech head? maybe an iphone? sports nut? a cake in the theme of his favourite sport or team?

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 11:24am
post #4 of 9

Hi! See if you can find out more about the birthday boy. One year for my brother I made a color flow car to look like his. He also likes to play cards, so another year I did a "poker-themed" cake. I accented his favorite cake with cookies cut out to look like cards. I iced and decorated the cards for a royal flush. I then served the rest of the "card" cookies along with the cake. icon_smile.gif

aDBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aDBakes Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 5:00am
post #5 of 9

The younger generation are all into their phones or video games. Why not make an iPhone or Blackberry cake. Or a playstation or xBox cake. Those are pretty general and every guy can't live without their phone or video games.

If you do a search of any of those items in the gallery, lots of examples will come up for you.

Krysten3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krysten3 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 5:21am
post #6 of 9

How about something with flames with skulls, or a las vegas theme, or even do something with a pin-up girl, maybe a FBCT? 18 year old boys think they are "bad a$$" LOL so I would make a "bad a$$" cake if that makes sense. Good luck!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 9

I always have this same question, as I bake cakes for teenage boys that I know nothing about -- they live in a group foster home in my town.

I've found that geometric shapes are always good, squares, lines, etc. Or, just try some new funky art design.

I shy away from a specific theme because, judging by my own son, I know that not every teenage boy is into sports, cell phones, video games, etc.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:13pm
post #8 of 9

every request I've had for 18 yr. old guys has ALWAYS been either a guitar.....or a car!

Jack031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jack031 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:24pm
post #9 of 9

I say find out what his interests are and go from there is it a certain sport like football or is a video gamer, then go from there basing your design on his one main interest

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%