Painting Dragees

Decorating By mcdonald Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 2:30pm by KHalstead

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 5:03am
post #1 of 4

Has anyone ever painted dragees before?? If so, what is the best way to go about it? I have some pearlized pink dragees that need to be hot pink!!!

any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

3 replies
ZoesMum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZoesMum Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 4

Hmmm...I'd be interested in knowing if this is possible. When I get a dragee accidentally wet, the colour comes off leaving it white. Would it be easier to make some small hot pink fondant balls instead??

momtofourmonkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtofourmonkeys Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 4

I had to make some gold dragees a year ago to match the gold piping on a cake. I took some gold coloring, put it in a bowl and added in a little bit of clear liqour and stirred well. Then I added white dragees to the bowl and swirled and shook until all were covered. Then I layed them out on a paper towel to dry. Similar to how you would color rice for art projects. I worked great. If you need hot pink, start with the pearlized pink dragees you already have and go from there.
HTH

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 4

I used regular pearl dragees and put them in some bright orange petal dust with a little clear vanilla and then rerolled in just the dry dust for the little salmon eggs on this cake!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%