Striped Fondant

Decorating By thenewchiz Updated 6 Apr 2011 , 3:47pm by QuiteContrary

thenewchiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thenewchiz Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 1:06am
post #1 of 5

Can someone tell me how to approach different colored, horizontally striped fondant on a round cake?

4 replies
CakesbyChalupa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyChalupa Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:28am
post #2 of 5

Personally, I wouldn't go down the sides... just stop at the top edge and put a border just below it. Other than that, I don't know either!

Good luck!
Kelly

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 5

Just cut out strips of fondant and 'glue' on with water.

CakesbyChalupa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyChalupa Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewchiz

Can someone tell me how to approach different colored, horizontally striped fondant on a round cake?

I have another response for you...

Start at the bottom on the sides and go right up to the middle of the top and either cut it out diagonally at the top or square and just put a flower or something in the middle to cover it! If you do the diagonal cut, it will come together to a point and that would look cool!

QuiteContrary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QuiteContrary Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 5

If I understand it correctly, you want horizontal stripes. I have seen people on TV cut the strips, wrap it around a piece of pvc like ribbon on a spool. Then lay the ribbon strips next to the cake, use water or something to attach the fondant and unroll the ribbon as you go around the cake.

The trick is to get evenly spaced stripes and I have seen folks use widths of paper cut to the space they want which they use as a guide to keep the fondant strips evenly apart. Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%