I Got A Kitchen Aid!!!!

Decorating By abarnet3 Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 2:40am by rebew10

abarnet3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abarnet3 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 15

I can't believe it, My Mom bought me a Kitchen Aid 6 quart Professional!!!!!! The best part was the price. Reg 499-33%= $330- 20%new card = $263 - $40 mail in rebate = $223 This was at Macy's. Is that not a great price!!!!! So excited, used it yesterday and it was wonderful.

14 replies
rebew10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebew10 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 15

Have fun with it.....got mine about 2 months ago and I love it!

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 15

Awesome! Enjoy!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 15

Soooooo jealous! Anybody know where I can get a 4.5 quart or 5 quart KA at a decent price?

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

Soooooo jealous! Anybody know where I can get a 4.5 quart or 5 quart KA at a decent price?

Watch Amazon. I got my Artisan for 203.00, no tax and free shipping.

kandyc10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandyc10 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:58pm
post #6 of 15

Yeah for you!!!!! Have fun! icon_smile.gif

Peanut1027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peanut1027 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 15

I got mine from Kohl's ,regular $359. on sale for $259 then because it is pink (end of breast cancer month)dropped down $200.
than a fourty dollar mail in rebate plus a year subsription to Food and Wine Magazine. I couldn't beleive the prince!! There are good prices out there you just have to look and be patent! thumbs_up.gif

jones5cm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jones5cm Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:09pm
post #8 of 15

I got my 6qt. KA as a Christmas gift from my DH and I'm finding it difficult to transition from my old Sunbeam (that I used for 10 years mind youicon_smile.gif. I've discovered that it's NOT easier making MMF in my KA as I read here on CC; but my biggest complaint is scraping the sides of the bowl! I've read that there's no need; but I haven't found that to be the case so far and I just can't get used to fumbling around the flat beater. Am I using the incorrect attachment? (I only have the flat, wire and hook). Can I get some feedback on this??

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:18pm
post #9 of 15

I use the dough hook. It is much better for MMF. I also have to scrape down the sides constantly while making a batch, otherwise it gets LOTS of little sugar pebbles in it.

jones5cm Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:23pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

I use the dough hook. It is much better for MMF. I also have to scrape down the sides constantly while making a batch, otherwise it gets LOTS of little sugar pebbles in it.

I'm sorry; I probably mislead you - I used the hook the one and only time that I made MMF with the KA. But when I'm making BC or RI or even my cake batter, is the best attachment the flat beater??

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:26pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones5cm

I got my 6qt. KA as a Christmas gift from my DH and I'm finding it difficult to transition from my old Sunbeam (that I used for 10 years mind youicon_smile.gif. I've discovered that it's NOT easier making MMF in my KA as I read here on CC; but my biggest complaint is scraping the sides of the bowl! I've read that there's no need; but I haven't found that to be the case so far and I just can't get used to fumbling around the flat beater. Am I using the incorrect attachment? (I only have the flat, wire and hook). Can I get some feedback on this??

I can't recommend the swiper blade enough! No more scraping down the bowl. I got the yellow "commercial" one on Amazon and I absolutely love it. As far as MMF I can't say as. I tried it and it was a mess but I forgot to grease the dough hook before I tried it.

bridge72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridge72 Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:32pm
post #12 of 15

Misdawn I got my 4.5 qt for $112 +20 shipping on ebay. Snuck my bid in on the last seconds of the sale, Yay me! icon_biggrin.gif

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:47pm
post #13 of 15

congratulations!! you will love it. think of all the MMF you can make in it !! icon_biggrin.gif

jones5cm Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:55pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Quote:

I can't recommend the swiper blade enough! No more scraping down the bowl. I got the yellow "commercial" one on Amazon and I absolutely love it. As far as MMF I can't say as. I tried it and it was a mess but I forgot to grease the dough hook before I tried it.

[/quote]
Perfect!! I found one on Amazon too - New Metro Design Beater Blade for KitchenAid 6-Quart & 5-Plus Mixers - can't wait to try it out...Thanks for your help JustToEatCake!

rebew10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebew10 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:40am
post #15 of 15

Got mine from Kohl's too. They had it on sale, plus a $50 mail-in rebate from KA and $60 cash back from Kohl's.......just keep an eye out. I've been looking into purchasing that swiper blade, glad to see that you all like yours.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%